Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techster85

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2006
Lubbock, TX
It is a beautiful display...I got it for christmas when best buy was sold out of the westinghouse 22 inchers. I do wish that the resolution was a little higher, or that it would offer more inputs other than DVI and VGA...but...all in all, the thing is amazing, and huge. The base has all kinds of cool stuff, from the card reader to the usb hub to the ipod dock, the whole thing just works really really well.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
yeah, because i really need this big of a display to view all my miniscule 640x480 and/or 420x340 iPod photos and movies:rolleyes:

Neonguy

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2006
I was about to get myself one of ViewSonic LCD at a local store, but in the end I'm glad I didn't. One was the look that doesnt look very good, and 2nd is I hate ViewSonic monitor! Back then I thought their monitor is good since they in business for a long time and claim to be leader in monitor. Well I own 4 CRT ViewSonic monitor and all of them have gone bad after 2 - 3 years except 1 that seam to be working fine.

1st one: Turning on brightness too high will result in screen flickering.

2nd one: Totally blurry after using it for awhile.

3rd one: Same crap, texts and everything become blurry.

And one thing I don't get is why some monitor company such as ViewSonic put built-in speaker in their LCD. It look very ugly and unpleasent, and no one use those built in speaker anyway.

StealthRider

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2002
Here and there!
I think that with an extra inch on each of them, with decent resolutions (20" at 1680x1050, 23" at 1920x1200, just like the Apple displays) they'd be irresistible. As it stands...not enough real estate for the space they take up.

macg4

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Des Moines,Iowa
i was actually considering getting the 22" to pair with my pm g5...but i dont know...i kinda wanted an all silver color lcd to match the g5..what do u guys think? if its matters i have the 9600xt 128mb video card

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.