Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
The 32GB 9.7" Tab S2 is $339.99 and the 8" is $297.49

The 9.7" was $399 yesterday which was already a pretty good deal but snatch this up if you are in the market for one..or not.

UPDATE:
As of 6:28PM ET, the sale looks to be done. Though $349/$399 for the 8" and 9.7" is still a great deal. I hope some of you were able to take advantage of this.

Last edited:
Reactions: mi7chy

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
The 32GB 9.7" Tab S2 is $339.99 and the 8" is $297.49

The 9.7" was $399 yesterday which was already a pretty good deal but snatch this up if you are in the market for one..or not.
I bought the 9.7" at full price. This deal is a steal. It really is a good tablet, even with Touchwiz on it. I end up disabling or deleting all the crapware, so it runs extremely smooth and I play games like Unkilled and Asphalt 8 with Moga Power Pro controller with no issue. And the display is much, much better than the iPad air 2 that it replaced. Icing on the cake is the external SD card slot that supports up to another 128gb of storage.

Reactions: 0970373

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
I bought the 8 inch one on Friday night and it cost me £219 in UK. Absolute steal of a price for how good the tablet is I can't believe how well it performs.
No lag or slow down. The screen is gorgeous and I love the reading mode.
It's the perfect size to be able to use with one hand when reading in bed or browsing. So far really really pleased with it.

Reactions: 0970373

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
I bought the 8 inch one on Friday night and it cost me £219 in UK. Absolute steal of a price for how good the tablet is I can't believe how well it performs.
No lag or slow down. The screen is gorgeous and I love the reading mode.
It's the perfect size to be able to use with one hand when reading in bed or browsing. So far really really pleased with it.

I considered getting the 8" but I already have an iPad Mini so I figured I'd get a bigger tablet and see what the experience is like. I had been considering moving to Android tablets so this is a well priced test, haha. If my currency converter is current, the 9.7" is £225. Yowza.

Last edited:

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
I considered getting the 8" but I already have an iPad Mini so I figured I'd get a bigger tablet and see what the experience is like. I had been considering moving to Android tablets so this is a well priced test, haha.
I've just sold my iPad Air 2 this morning to recoup some funds for this.
I loved my iPad but it was just a little big for bed time reading and I hated that it was always cold on my legs haha.
This is just a great size and shape and build. The screen remains a stand out and that fact I can add an SD card just makes it even sweeter.

Very impressed. What colour did you go for? I wanted black but the Black was sold out everywhere so went for white. Still a lovely look.

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
I loved my iPad but it was just a little big for bed time reading and I hated that it was always cold on my legs haha.
This is just a great size and shape and build. The screen remains a stand out and that fact I can add an SD card just makes it even sweeter.

Very impressed. What colour did you go for? I wanted black but the Black was sold out everywhere so went for white. Still a lovely look.

Yes, the smaller size is perfect for bed time. I use my Mini 3 for this. It's been a while since I've had a full size tablet. The 2nd gen iPad was the last one I had. I know I'll be using it as a 2nd screen when watching sports and watching movies when traveling. We'll see if it becomes more than that. The use of MicroSD was a huge factor for me since media is the main purpose of the larger tablet.

I also want to test if it can help in some of my photography flow when I travel. The iPad is great for ease of use and my Apple eco system but I'd like to see if I can get away with leaving the laptop home with an Android tablet.

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008

Yes, the smaller size is perfect for bed time. I use my Mini 3 for this. It's been a while since I've had a full size tablet. The 2nd gen iPad was the last one I had. I know I'll be using it as a 2nd screen when watching sports and watching movies when traveling. We'll see if it becomes more than that. The use of MicroSD was a huge factor for me since media is the main purpose of the larger tablet.

I also want to test if it can help in some of my photography flow when I travel. The iPad is great for ease of use and my Apple eco system but I'd like to see if I can truly get away with leaving the laptop home with an Android tablet.

I was afraid the black one would be sold out but I got lucky!

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014

For those buying online without ability to try in hand first the black is soft touch where as the other colors are not. Also, black doesn't get dirty. Something to keep in mind when deciding on color.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.