Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eicca

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
Ever since updating to 17, Amazon‘s website images don’t load half the time in Safari.

No I won’t just “use the app.”

Anyone else experiencing this?

• Haha
Reactions: dominiongamma

eicca

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
So nobody else ever browses to Amazon using Safari, huh?

Or wants to take ten seconds to try it?

• Haha
Reactions: dominiongamma

VinnyML

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2016
Leesburg, VA
I've been having issues with Amazon for a week now across mobile and desktop. I don't think it's iOS specific but rather something going on with their CDN service which can be different for different people/connections...

eicca

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
I've been having issues with Amazon for a week now across mobile and desktop. I don't think it's iOS specific but rather something going on with their CDN service which can be different for different people/connections...
Amazon seems to work fine on all my other devices.

I’ll try clearing site data again.

eicca

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
I had a Safari extension called Baking Soda that was blocking it.
That was it! Totally didn’t even cross my mind since Baking Soda didn’t cause any problems on Amazon with iPadOS 16.

Disabled Baking Soda entirely on Amazon and images are loading properly again. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: adrummond7

freakyterrorist

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2009
Same issue here, baking soda was the culprit. Also interestingly it didn't resolve after simply reloading the page with content blockers turned off which I found weird.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
In my case, Stop the Madness blocks the images. I had to tweak its settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.