Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dthree36

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Ok, so I read about Best Buy Price matching amazon prices. Well, I wanted an Otterbox for my iPad because I am passing it along to the kids and don't want it completely destroyed. I was doing return for a crappy case I had tried out and asked about the policy. The support rep said that they aren't supposed to know but it would take the manager approval.

Manager walks over and I pull up the in stock item from Amazon.com. Best Buy Price $99 Amazon price. $50.42 brand new. I must say that I am pleased with asking about it. Not a huge fan of bulky cases but in the hands of less careful hands.. its money well spent.

toasty hoodie

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2011
Target will be doing this also starting November 1. I get 5% off too cause I use my Red Card. This is a GREAT opportunity to pick up dirt cheap cases and accessories. I'm thinking of picking up a Defender for my iPhone 4 simply because its $14.50 right now.

iPadMini

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
America
Nice. All the retail stores prices for accessories are 10x the price of Amazon anyway. Nice to know you can actually see and feel a case before you buy it though.

KingArthurVI

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2011
Penang, Malaysia
Target will be doing this also starting November 1. I get 5% off too cause I use my Red Card. This is a GREAT opportunity to pick up dirt cheap cases and accessories. I'm thinking of picking up a Defender for my iPhone 4 simply because its $14.50 right now.

So in Target you just pull up the accessory's page on Amazon and they will match it too? :eek:

toasty hoodie

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2011
Just wanted to remind people about this.

Picked up a Griffin Survivor for my iPad for 33.56. Normally it's 79.99

ovation802

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Just picked up a Belkin Smart Shell for $7.68 at best buy. Best buy selling for 29.99. I just scanned the barcode in the amazon app and showed one of the electronics sales people :)

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
Just picked up a Belkin Smart Shell for $7.68 at best buy. Best buy selling for 29.99. I just scanned the barcode in the amazon app and showed one of the electronics sales people :)

Explain.. It's showing 24.99 for me

ovation802

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
It could depend on the model (color) the best buy employee actually helped me out. I don't really know what you mean by "explain". I scanned the barcode at best buy in the amazon iphone app and it showed the amazon listing at the low price. The shell I purchased was a frost color.

Last edited:

feeth

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
I went in today to get a pm on the otter defender for the mini as its now $59.95 at amazon and $69.99 at BB.

First person said we don't PM. I said yes you do, go ask the manager. Manager says yes we do. Then they had to call manager back to approve the pm, what a pita. Next time ill just order from amazon with my prime shipping.

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
I went in today to get a pm on the otter defender for the mini as its now $59.95 at amazon and $69.99 at BB.

First person said we don't PM. I said yes you do, go ask the manager. Manager says yes we do. Then they had to call manager back to approve the pm, what a pita. Next time ill just order from amazon with my prime shipping.

Exactly. Why bother even going to Best Buy when you can have it delivered right to your door? Especially with Prime 2-day shipping.

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2009
So any BB will do a price match with Amazon? That's pretty huge. I think I could have saved quite a bit of money over the years had I known that...

toasty hoodie

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2011
Must be some dumb employees. Fulfilled by amazon is not the same as sold by amazon.

The specific terms state that it must be fulfilled by Amazon.

I have done it multiple times without issue. All I gotta do is show my phone with the Amazon app pulled up, and I get the price match.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
The specific terms state that it must be fulfilled by Amazon.

I have done it multiple times without issue. All I gotta do is show my phone with the Amazon app pulled up, and I get the price match.

Not saying you are dumb, just to clarify :)

But great for us, stupid for Best Buy. I mean, what if someone lists an item to Amazon for fulfillment for $1 when retail is $100?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.