Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shamino

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2004
Purcellville, VA
Cool! I've used the free WireTap utility for a while, and I've been very pleased with it.

Unfortunately, with the introduction of WireTap Pro, the free one is no longer available for download. At least I couldn't find a link to it.

HexMonkey

Administrator emeritus
Feb 5, 2004
New Zealand
shamino said:
Cool! I've used the free WireTap utility for a while, and I've been very pleased with it.

Unfortunately, with the introduction of WireTap Pro, the free one is no longer available for download. At least I couldn't find a link to it.

I think they removed it, but according to Andrew Welch (president of Ambrosia Software), "Everything that was free in the older, free WireTap continues to be free in WireTap Pro. You can use it to your heart's content to record AIFF recordings, and never pay for it." If you use other features, an unregistered message is dubbed over your recordings until you register.

shamino

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2004
Purcellville, VA
HexMonkey said:
I think they removed it, but according to Andrew Welch (president of Ambrosia Software), "Everything that was free in the older, free WireTap continues to be free in WireTap Pro. You can use it to your heart's content to record AIFF recordings, and never pay for it." If you use other features, an unregistered message is dubbed over your recordings until you register.
Ah. I missed that. Thanks.

Mr. Monsieur

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2004

Hey folks! Hex Monkey, could you give a link for this quote? I downloaded wiretap pro, but all the documenatation provided suggests that one can only use it for 30 days for free, regardless of what file type one's using...thanks!

Mr. Monsieur

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2004
cheers!

thanks, hex monkey, for the link! strangely (or perhaps not so strangely?!), when you download and use wtpro, they explicitly state that it is *not* free software and that it must be registered within 30 days...no mention of free functionality...alas...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.