Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ibuick

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2014
Beijing
1580757828654.png

1580757782266.png
an

guiller

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2020
Thanks for making the thread, I’m quite interested in this combination.

I understand this means it works at 6K resolution, right?

Does anyone know if it also works when connected to a miniDisplayPort output (with a USB-C adapter)? Then you’d be able to connect more than one XDR display at the same time. The Mac Pro version will be able to drive 3, so the retail version hopefully too.

goMac

Contributor
Apr 15, 2004
Thanks for making the thread, I’m quite interested in this combination.

I understand this means it works at 6K resolution, right?

Does anyone know if it also works when connected to a miniDisplayPort output (with a USB-C adapter)? Then you’d be able to connect more than one XDR display at the same time. The Mac Pro version will be able to drive 3, so the retail version hopefully too.

The Ultrafine 5ks do a trick when there isn't enough bandwidth for full resolution. macOS will make it look like they're displaying at the full 5k, with all the proper scaling options... But really the output is 4k that has been downsampled from the 5k image.

There isn't really enough information in the above screenshots to know if something similar is what is going on. Display stream compression is a good sign, but screenshots from stuff like Apple System Profiler would be needed to figure out if what macOS claims it's outputting and what is actually being output matches up.

ibuick

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2014
Beijing
The Ultrafine 5ks do a trick when there isn't enough bandwidth for full resolution. macOS will make it look like they're displaying at the full 5k, with all the proper scaling options... But really the output is 4k that has been downsampled from the 5k image.

There isn't really enough information in the above screenshots to know if something similar is what is going on. Display stream compression is a good sign, but screenshots from stuff like Apple System Profiler would be needed to figure out if what macOS claims it's outputting and what is actually being output matches up.

It's different. When you use LG UltraFine 5K and you host or cable cannot capable with 5K DP output, you can see the macOS report the resolution with "5K". But, at this moment, you can see that all of the small items and font edges are slightly blur compared to the full 5K output. It likely the GPU or macOS uses something like GPU upscale or something else.

But for this, first clue is that the DSC exists. Second, it doesn't have those blur occurred . Profiler screen is useless at this point.

1580884572708.png

Reactions: worldburger

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Left out the part of the DPCD registers that shows that DSC is being used, what the link rate and lane count is (the top show that at least) (0x200), and the DisplayPort 1.4 information (0x2000).

You need to make sure the cable is bidirectional - most USB-C cables only work with a display at the DisplayPort end instead of the USB-C end. Stick with the Moshi cable. Use a Mini DisplayPort (male) to DisplayPort (female adapter) with the Moshi cable. That said, it should work fine but you'll be missing the USB features of the display (USB ports, brightness control, presets, diagnostics, etc.) unless you use a method to include USB. Since only HBR2 is required with DSC for 6K, a Wacom Link Plus, Huawei VR 2 Computer Connection Cable, or Sunix UPD2018 might allow adding USB 2.0 to the connection to enable the USB features.

For proof, you can look at the timing info of the current resolution using SwitchResX. In the Current Resolutions tab of the XDR display in SwitchResX, double click the current resolution to view the timing information. You should see Pixel clock, Active, Scan rate, and Scaled to. The only problem remaining is that the current pixel format is not shown (RGB or YCbCr; 6, 8, 10, or 12 bpc; 4:4:4, 4:2:2, or 4:2:0 chroma sub sampling).

Reactions: guiller

vince10x

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2019
What cable did you use to connect the W5700 to the Pro Display XDR? And can you post all the information from `/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/MacOS/AGDCDiagnose`?

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Most USB-C cables should work except Thunderbolt 3 active cables which are usually longer than 0.5m. The cable should support USB 3 or DisplayPort at least.

Experiments elsewhere show that the XDR supports DSC and no DSC. It does not support YCbCr and therefore does not support 4:2:2, or 4:2:0. In windows, it can support 6,8,10,12 bpc RGB. For single cable connection, I've only seen evidence of HBR2 support (with or without DSC). I haven't seen anyone get single cable HBR3 yet. For Thunderbolt 3 connections, I've seen dual HBR3 (6K) (but only from macOS) and dual HBR2 (5K 10 bpc like the UltraFine 5K).

With single cable HBR2, you can get 5K60 6bpc.

I haven't seen anyone try lower refresh rates to get 6K with single cable and no DSC.

Reactions: OkiRun

straightMacin

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2019
Chicago, IL
Would using one of these cards be the best non-MPX Module way to power a third XDR if I already have two saturating my Vega II?

And would I be able to power the monitor using the included Thunderbolt cable plugged into the W5700’s USB-C port?

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Would using one of these cards be the best non-MPX Module way to power a third XDR if I already have two saturating my Vega II?
Maybe. It depends if the performance reduction of the W5700 compared to a 5700 XT is worth the simplified connection. You might be able to get all the same features using the 5700 XT if you have a Wacom Link Plus, Huawei VR 2 Computer Connection Cable, or Sunix UPD2018 (but no-one has tried them yet).

And would I be able to power the monitor using the included Thunderbolt cable plugged into the W5700’s USB-C port?
The included cable is 2m long, so it's probably not passive, and therefore will not allow a normal USB-C connection.

MacFlaX

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2019
I doubt that the Sunix UDP2018 does support anything above 4K/60Hz (DP alt mode over USB-C), at least according to its specification. Happy to learn about other experiences.

richinaus

macrumors 68020
Oct 26, 2014
I have the w5700 hooked up to the lg 4K 24” via the USB C and it works very well. This is using the USB C cable supplied with the monitor.
FYI the thunderbolt cable didn’t work.

Reactions: OkiRun

ibuick

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2014
Beijing
I have the w5700 hooked up to the lg 4K 24” via the USB C and it works very well. This is using the USB C cable supplied with the monitor.

The thunderbolt cable came with XDR can be used to drive xdr with w5700 lol

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
What is the length of the Thunderbolt cable? Is it active or passive? (I don't know a way to find that out)

The thunderbolt cable came with XDR can be used to drive xdr with w5700 lol
The 2 meter cable? Check AGDCDiagnose to make sure it's doing HBR2 DSC. Check SwitchResX to make sure it's doing 6K timing.
[automerge]1581869819[/automerge]
I doubt that the Sunix UDP2018 does support anything above 4K/60Hz (DP alt mode over USB-C), at least according to its specification. Happy to learn about other experiences.
It says it supports DisplayPort 1.2. I am hoping that the only limitation is the HBR2 link rate and that it will allow the HBR2 with DSC signal through without modification. I am hoping the same is true with the Wacom Link Plus (it probably uses similar chips but it's simpler than the Sunix because it does not have to support USB Super Speed modes). The Huawei VR 2 Computer Connection Cable might just be a straight through DisplayPort cable with USB 2.0 connection.

Last edited:

straightMacin

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2019
Chicago, IL
Maybe. It depends if the performance reduction of the W5700 compared to a 5700 XT is worth the simplified connection. You might be able to get all the same features using the 5700 XT if you have a Wacom Link Plus, Huawei VR 2 Computer Connection Cable, or Sunix UPD2018 (but no-one has tried them yet).

The included cable is 2m long, so it's probably not passive, and therefore will not allow a normal USB-C connection.

What would the setup look like with those three components you listed? It’s not straight forward when I looked at them.

ibuick

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2014
Beijing
What would the setup look like with those three components you listed? It’s not straight forward when I looked at them.

Huawei VR cable, Sunix,Wacom Link Plus all of those components are based on DP 1.2, they cannot be used to drive 5K, 6K display. I tried them all.
[automerge]1581917592[/automerge]
What is the length of the Thunderbolt cable? Is it active or passive? (I don't know a way to find that out)

The 2 meter cable? Check AGDCDiagnose to make sure it's doing HBR2 DSC. Check SwitchResX to make sure it's doing 6K timing.
[automerge]1581869819[/automerge]

It says it supports DisplayPort 1.2. I am hoping that the only limitation is the HBR2 link rate and that it will allow the HBR2 with DSC signal through without modification. I am hoping the same is true with the Wacom Link Plus (it probably uses similar chips but it's simpler than the Sunix because it does not have to support USB Super Speed modes). The Huawei VR 2 Computer Connection Cable might just be a straight through DisplayPort cable with USB 2.0 connection.

The XDR's Pro Cable can be used to drive itself via Thunderbolt or USB-C, I already tried it.

Reactions: elliottcable

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Huawei VR cable, Sunix,Wacom Link Plus all of those components are based on DP 1.2, they cannot be used to drive 5K, 6K display. I tried them all.
Please post AGDCDiagnose output for each of the three options (and the successful USB-C option for comparison). Did you try using a normal USB-C cable instead of the XDR cable?

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
I have the W5700 installed and an XDR connected via the USB-C port with the monitor-included Thunderbolt cable. However, it's only giving me a max resolution of 5k. Pictures below and ACDCDiagnose output here: https://pastebin.com/8LtwNyB9
I don't see a problem (the evidence does not eliminate the possibility of a problem though).

You have 3 XDR displays. Two are connected to the AMD Radeon Pro Vega II using dual HBR3 mode over Thunderbolt 3 (Titan Ridge). One is connected to the W5700 using HBR2 DSC mode.

The SwitchResX screenshot is for one of the XDRs connected to the Vega II. It has Product ID ae2f which is from the overlay for product ID ae2e. The XDR connected to the W5700 has Product ID ae2d (this is the first time I've seen this product ID).

The override file for ae2d has the following scaled modes (same as most of the other XDR overrides):
6016x3384​
5120x2880​
3840x2160​
3008x1692​
2560x1440​
1920x1080​
1504x846​
1280x720​
The override file for ae2d has a lower target-default-ppmm (7.32) than for ae2e/ae2f (8.58) but I don't know what that could affect.

The "UI Looks like 3008 x 1682" mode is a HiDPI mode that actually uses a frame buffer of 6016 x 3384. You should be able to see both modes in SwitchResX. Double click the 3008 x 1682 HiDPI mode in SwitchResX. What does it show for the timing info (Pixel Clock, Active, Scan rate, Scale to)? Active should be 6016 x 3384. If not, then try changing "Scaled resolutions base" to 6016 x 3384 in SwitchResX. The 6016 x 3384 mode should not be a Scaled or HiDPI mode.

Did you try clicking "Show low resolution modes" in the Displays preferences panel? "low resolution" modes are not HiDPI modes.
[automerge]1583562614[/automerge]
I have the W5700 installed and an XDR connected via the USB-C port with the monitor-included Thunderbolt cable. However, it's only giving me a max resolution of 5k. Pictures below and ACDCDiagnose output here: https://pastebin.com/8LtwNyB9
Since you have 3 XDR Displays, you can do some experiments. Can you connect the first to the top Mac Pro Thunderbolt 3 ports and the second to the I/O card Thunderbolt 3 ports? If yes, then can you connect the third to one of the Vega II Thunderbolt 3 ports? Create an AGDCDiagnose after each connection so we can see what ports are connected. Actually, the Vega II only has two DisplayPort outputs from the MPX slot to the four Thunderbolt 3 ports of the Mac Pro, so I expect only one of the displays will work out of those four Thunderbolt 3 ports. Therefore, the fourth test should be: two displays connected to the Vega II, and one display connected to one of the four Mac Pro Thunderbolt 3 ports.

Last edited:
Reactions: londbell

MacFlaX

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2019
...further questions to all the w5700 users:
-did you installed it in parallel to a MPX card, e.g. the 580MPX, or as single card?
-if dual - could you select active card via monitor connection (in macOS and Bootcamp)?
-how is the fan noise without load?
-does sleep/stand-by/wake-up work?

Last edited:

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Since you have 3 XDR Displays, you can do some experiments. Can you connect the first to the top Mac Pro Thunderbolt 3 ports and the second to the I/O card Thunderbolt 3 ports? If yes, then can you connect the third to one of the Vega II Thunderbolt 3 ports? Create an AGDCDiagnose after each connection so we can see what ports are connected. Actually, the Vega II only has two DisplayPort outputs from the MPX slot to the four Thunderbolt 3 ports of the Mac Pro, so I expect only one of the displays will work out of those four Thunderbolt 3 ports. Therefore, the fourth test should be: two displays connected to the Vega II, and one display connected to one of the four Mac Pro Thunderbolt 3 ports.
Successful result of connecting three XDR displays to a Vega II at #19

So what about connecting four, five, or six XDR displays to a W5700?

wago

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2014
Hey Folks, just wanted to share that I have the Pro Display XDR working through a DisplayPort KVM switch. The KVM switch is connected to a Radeon 5700 XT in an eGPU enclosure on a 2013 Mac Pro (running at full 6k resolution), and to a 13" macbook pro (running at 5k resolution as expected). I don't think this is a big surprise to anyone as this is a DSC enabled configuration, but it's nice to see that it works. Note that KVM switching speed is slooooow, as Displayport has to re-link when you switch. Takes 20 seconds or so.

Here's the setup, in a nutshell:
  • Moshi displayport to USB-C bidirectional cable (Pro Display XDR => KVM Switch)
  • StarTech SV213DPDDUA2 DisplayPort KVM switch
  • Connection A to the Mac Pro:
    • Displayport 1.4 cable (forgot the brand, sorry)
    • Sapphire Radeon 5700 XT PCI-e GPU
    • Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Box 650 (note: the card is a VERY tight fit in this case)
    • Apple Thunderbolt 3 => 2 adapter
    • Apple Thunderbolt 2 0.5m cable (had problems with a 3rd party cable) connected to TB2 port 0
    • Mac Pro 2013 (D300 GPUs) running Catalina 10.15.4
    • Purge-wrangler v6.2.3 to enable eGPU on Thunderbolt 2
  • Connection B to the Macbook Pro:
    • Displayport 1.4 cable
    • StarTech TB3CDK2DP Thuderbolt / USB-C dock (uses the new Titan Ridge chipset, other TB3 or USB-C docks did not work)
    • MacBook Pro 13" 2019 (A1989)
Here's a snippet from AGDCDiagnose:
Code:
### Start: AGDC[7] 0x1000013fc ###############################################
IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/PEG0@1/IOPP/BR00@0/IOPP/BR11@2/IOPP/UFS1@0/IOPP/DSB1@3/IOPP/UPS0@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@1/IOPP/pci-bridge@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@0/IOPP/display@0/AMDRadeonX6000_AmdAgdcServices/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy/AGDPClientControl
Vendor: AMD [00001002]: DiscreteGPU [2 30000] (0)
--BEGIN Device Dump--
Link Count    4
Initialized    YES
Enabled    YES
Hw Ready    YES
Hw Attached    YES
Framebuffers Enabled    4 of 4
Mapped Framebuffers    0

Asic Info    DICT    22
ID: Family Id    143
ID: Device Id    0x731f
ID: HW Revision    0x2
ID: PCI Revision Id    0xc1
ID: Emulated Revision    3
IS eGPU    YES
PCI Address    238:0:0
FB Loc Base    0x8000000000
FB Loc Top    0x81FFFFFFFF
FB Offset    0
MEM SIZE: FB Size    8176 MB
MEM SIZE: FB Aperture    256 MB
MEM SIZE: Reg Aperture    512 KB
MEM CONFIG: VRAM Type    GDDR6
MEM CONFIG: VRAM Width    256
BRANDING: Family Name    Radeon RX
BRANDING: Device Name    5700 XT
BRANDING: Model Name    Radeon RX 5700 XT

DAL Caps    DICT    10
MAX Links    4
MAX Streams    6
MAX Audios    6
MAX Downscale Ratio    2.0
MAX Cursor Size    256
I2C Speed    100 KHz
linear pitch align    64
dcc_const_color    NO
dual_link_dvi    NO
dsc_support    YES

Power Play    DICT    13
Is Supported    YES
Is Initialized    YES
Is Enabled    YES
Current Level (SW)    0
Current Level (HW)    0
HW TDP Limit    220
TDP Table Count    16
Vram Reserved Size    1048576
Vram Reserved Used    69632
Vram Reserved Offset    0x8000300000
Version SMU    0x213200
Version PPLIB    2.768

Atom Bios    DICT    5
Crystal Freq    100000 KHz
Boot Display Clock    625000 KHz
BIOS Image Size    65536
Part Number    113-D1990103-O09
FW Reserved Size    0 KB

Link@0    DICT    23
Link Index    0
Feature: Internal    NO
Feature: Built-In    NO
Feature: Fixed    NO
Last Event    None
Stream State    ENABLED
Active Signal Type    DP SST
Engine ID    DIG_C
Transmitter ID    UNIPHY_C
HPD ID    HPD_2
DDC Channel    DDC_2
Connector ID    19:1:3
Connector Type    Display Port

Connected Status Link0    DICT    6
Link Index    0
Connected    YES
Signal Type    DP SST
Reported Lane Count    4
Reported Link Rate    54000
Reported Link Spread    16

Active Status Link0    DICT    6
Link Index    0
Connected    YES
Signal Type    DP SST
Reported Lane Count    4
Reported Link Rate    54000
Reported Link Spread    16

Connected DP Config Link0    DICT    13
DPCD Revision    0x14
Link Rate    54000 (max:54000)
Lane Count    4 (max:4)
CR Time    100 uSec
EQ Time    16000 uSec
EQ Pattern    TPS:3
Voltage    Level:0
Pre-Emphasis    Level:0
Downspread    Disabled
Scrambler    Disabled
Enhanced Framing    Enabled
MST Enabled    NO
Sleep Value    0

Active DP Config Link0    DICT    13
DPCD Revision    0x14
Link Rate    54000 (max:54000)
Lane Count    4 (max:4)
CR Time    0 uSec
EQ Time    0 uSec
EQ Pattern    TPS:0
Downspread    Enabled
Scrambler    Disabled
Enhanced Framing    Enabled
MST Enabled    NO
Sleep Value    0

Link@1    DICT    23
Link Index    1
Last Event    None
Stream State    DISABLED
Active Signal Type    NONE
Engine ID    DIG_D
Transmitter ID    UNIPHY_D
HPD ID    HPD_1
DDC Channel    DDC_1
Connector ID    19:2:3
Connector Type    Display Port

Connected Status Link1    DICT    6
Link Index    1
Connected    NO
Signal Type    NONE
Reported Lane Count    0
Reported Link Rate    0
Reported Link Spread    0

Active Status Link1    DICT    6
Link Index    0
Connected    NO
Signal Type    NONE
Reported Lane Count    0
Reported Link Rate    0

Connected DP Config Link1    DICT    13
DPCD Revision    0
Link Rate    0 (max:0)
Lane Count    0 (max:0)
CR Time    0 uSec
EQ Time    0 uSec
Downspread    Disabled
Scrambler    Disabled
Enhanced Framing    Disabled
MST Enabled    NO
Sleep Value    0

Active DP Config Link1    DICT    13
DPCD Revision    0
CR Time    0 uSec
EQ Time    0 uSec
Downspread    Disabled
Scrambler    Disabled
MST Enabled    NO
Sleep Value    0

Link@2    DICT    23
Link Index    2
Last Event    None
Stream State    DISABLED
Engine ID    DIG_E
Transmitter ID    UNIPHY_E
HPD ID    HPD_6
DDC Channel    DDC_6
Connector ID    12:1:3
Connector Type    HDMI

Connected Status Link2    DICT    6
Link Index    2
Connected    NO
Signal Type    NONE
Reported Lane Count    0
Reported Link Rate    0

Active Status Link2    DICT    6
Link Index    0
Connected    NO
Signal Type    NONE
Reported Lane Count    0
Reported Link Rate    0

Connected DP Config Link2    DICT    13
DPCD Revision    0
CR Time    0 uSec
EQ Time    0 uSec
Downspread    Disabled
Scrambler    Disabled
MST Enabled    NO
Sleep Value    0

Active DP Config Link2    DICT    13
DPCD Revision    0
CR Time    0 uSec
EQ Time    0 uSec
Downspread    Disabled
Scrambler    Disabled
MST Enabled    NO
Sleep Value    0

Link@3    DICT    23
Link Index    3
Last Event    None
Stream State    DISABLED
Engine ID    DIG_A
Transmitter ID    UNIPHY_A
HPD ID    HPD_4
DDC Channel    DDC_4
Connector ID    12:2:3
Connector Type    HDMI

Connected Status Link3    DICT    6
Link Index    3
Connected    NO
Signal Type    NONE
Reported Lane Count    0
Reported Link Rate    0

Active Status Link3    DICT    6
Link Index    0
Connected    NO
Signal Type    NONE
Reported Lane Count    0
Reported Link Rate    0

Connected DP Config Link3    DICT    13
DPCD Revision    0
CR Time    0 uSec
EQ Time    0 uSec
Downspread    Disabled
Scrambler    Disabled
MST Enabled    NO
Sleep Value    0

Active DP Config Link3    DICT    13
DPCD Revision    0
CR Time    0 uSec
EQ Time    0 uSec
Downspread    Disabled
Scrambler    Disabled
MST Enabled    NO
Sleep Value    0

Framebuffer@0    DICT    19
FB Index    0
FB Online    YES
WSAA State    "Accelerated"
Power State    Wake
IOP Supported    YES

Current Config FB0    DICT    8
FB ID    0
Sleep State    0x2
Flags: SingleLinkValid    SET
Flags: DPLinkConfigValid    SET
Flags: ScanoutResourceConfig    SET
Sink    1.0
Scanout Count    1

Display Path (Active) FB0    DICT    21
surface_address    0x600000
surface_bytes    83165184
bytes_per_row    24064
bits_per_pixel    32
bits_per_component    10
Is Connected    YES
Is Online    YES
Is SW Scaled    NO
SW Src Viewport    6016x3384 @ {0,0}
SW Dst Viewport    6016x3384 @ {0,0}
Stream Count    1
FB Index    0
Group Index    0
Mode Id    0x80007007
Depth Index    2
HW Src Viewport    6016x3384 @ {0,0}
HW Dst Viewport    6016x3384 @ {0,0}
Underscan    100 % - {100:100}

Stream@0 FB0    DICT    11
Stream ID    0
Is Enabled    YES
Is DPMS Off    NO
Change Flags    0
Option Flags    0
Sink Address    0.0
HW Src Viewport    6016x3384 @ {0,0}
HW Dst Viewport    6016x3384 @ {0,0}

Timing FB0    DICT    24
Display Mode    80007007
Refresh Rate (Calculated)    60 Hz
Refresh Rate (Stored)    0.0 Hz
Window (Active)    6016 x 3384
Window (Scaled)    0 x 0
Scaled Inset    0 x 0
Pixel Clock    1286010000 Hz
Scaler Flags    0
Signal Config    0
Blanking    80 x 132
Border {left,right}    {0, 0}
Border {top,bottom}    {0, 0}
Sync Offset (h, v)    8 x 118
Sync Pulse Width (h, v)    32, 8
Sync Config (h, v)    + x -
Num Links    2
VB Extension    0
OUTPUT: Pixel Encoding    1 (RGB444)
OUTPUT: Bits Per Color Component    8 (12 bpc)
OUTPUT: Colorimetry    1 (RGB)
OUTPUT: Dynamic Range    1 (SDR)
DSC: Num Slices    4 x 1
DSC: Slice Dimensions    1504 x 3384
DSC: Compressed BPP    12 bits, (192 bits*16) )

IOPresenter FB0    DICT    11
FB Index    0
Waiting On VBlank    0
Waiting on VUpdate    0
Outstanding    0
Am I Busy    NO
Enabled    YES
Expected V.Blank    1
Expected V.Update    0

Metric Data FB0    DICT    5
Last Transaction Type    0x5
Last Transaction Timestamp    4532055556611
Transaction Counter    36490
Last V.Blank Timestamp    4532186968378
Last V.Update Timestamp    4532187578921

Framebuffer@1    DICT    17
FB Index    1
FB Online    NO
Power State    Wake
IOP Supported    YES

Display Path (Active) FB1    DICT    20
surface_address    0x600100
surface_bytes    0
bytes_per_row    0
bits_per_pixel    32
bits_per_component    8
Is Connected    NO
Is Online    NO
Is SW Scaled    NO
SW Src Viewport    1x1 @ {0,0}
SW Dst Viewport    1x1 @ {0,0}
Stream Count    0
FB Index    1
Group Index    0
Mode Id    0x3000
Depth Index    1
HW Src Viewport    1x1 @ {0,0}
HW Dst Viewport    1x1 @ {0,0}

Timing FB1    DICT    24
Display Mode    3000
Refresh Rate (Calculated)    0 Hz
Window (Active)    1 x 1
Window (Scaled)    0 x 0
Scaled Inset    0 x 0
Pixel Clock    0 Hz
Scaler Flags    0
Signal Config    0
Blanking    0 x 0
Sync Offset (h, v)    0 x 0
Sync Pulse Width (h, v)    0, 0
Sync Config (h, v)    - x -
Num Links    0
VB Extension    0
OUTPUT: Pixel Encoding    0 (n/a)
OUTPUT: Bits Per Color Component    0 (n/a)
OUTPUT: Colorimetry    0 (n/a)
OUTPUT: Dynamic Range    0 (n/a)
DSC: Num Slices    0 x 0
DSC: Slice Dimensions    0 x 0
DSC: Compressed BPP    0 bits, (0 bits*16) )

IOPresenter FB1    DICT    10
FB Index    1
Waiting On VBlank    0
Waiting on VUpdate    0
Outstanding    0
Am I Busy    NO
Enabled    YES
Expected V.Blank    0
Expected V.Update    0

Metric Data FB1    DICT    5
Last Transaction Type    0
Last Transaction Timestamp    0
Transaction Counter    0
Last V.Blank Timestamp    0
Last V.Update Timestamp    0

Framebuffer@2    DICT    17
FB Index    2
FB Online    NO
Power State    Wake
IOP Supported    YES

Display Path (Active) FB2    DICT    20
surface_address    0x600200
surface_bytes    0
bytes_per_row    0
bits_per_pixel    32
bits_per_component    8
Is Connected    NO
Is Online    NO
Is SW Scaled    NO
Stream Count    0
FB Index    2
Group Index    0
Mode Id    0x3000
Depth Index    1

Timing FB2    DICT    24
Display Mode    3000
Window (Active)    1 x 1
Window (Scaled)    0 x 0
Scaled Inset    0 x 0
Pixel Clock    0 Hz
Scaler Flags    0
Signal Config    0
Blanking    0 x 0
Num Links    0
VB Extension    0

IOPresenter FB2    DICT    10
FB Index    2
Waiting On VBlank    0
Waiting on VUpdate    0
Outstanding    0
Am I Busy    NO
Enabled    YES
Expected V.Blank    0
Expected V.Update    0

Metric Data FB2    DICT    5
Transaction Counter    0

Framebuffer@3    DICT    17
FB Index    3
FB Online    NO
Power State    Wake
IOP Supported    YES

Display Path (Active) FB3    DICT    20
surface_address    0x600300
surface_bytes    0
bytes_per_row    0
bits_per_pixel    32
bits_per_component    8
Is Connected    NO
Is Online    NO
Is SW Scaled    NO
Stream Count    0
FB Index    3
Group Index    0
Mode Id    0x3000
Depth Index    1

Timing FB3    DICT    24
Display Mode    3000
Window (Active)    1 x 1
Window (Scaled)    0 x 0
Scaled Inset    0 x 0
Pixel Clock    0 Hz
Scaler Flags    0
Signal Config    0
Blanking    0 x 0
Num Links    0
VB Extension    0

IOPresenter FB3    DICT    10
FB Index    3
Waiting On VBlank    0
Waiting on VUpdate    0
Outstanding    0
Am I Busy    NO
Enabled    YES
Expected V.Blank    0
Expected V.Update    0

Metric Data FB3    DICT    5
Transaction Counter    0

--END Device Dump--
### End: AGDC[7] 0x1000013fc (took 0.007 sec) ################################

Reactions: MacFlaX

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Hey Folks, just wanted to share that I have the Pro Display XDR working through a DisplayPort KVM switch. The KVM switch is connected to a Radeon 5700 XT in an eGPU enclosure on a 2013 Mac Pro (running at full 6k resolution), and to a 13" macbook pro (running at 5k resolution as expected). I don't think this is a big surprise to anyone as this is a DSC enabled configuration, but it's nice to see that it works. Note that KVM switching speed is slooooow, as Displayport has to re-link when you switch. Takes 20 seconds or so.

Here's the setup, in a nutshell:
  • Moshi displayport to USB-C bidirectional cable (Pro Display XDR => KVM Switch)
  • StarTech SV213DPDDUA2 DisplayPort KVM switch
  • Connection A to the Mac Pro:
    • Displayport 1.4 cable (forgot the brand, sorry)
    • Sapphire Radeon 5700 XT PCI-e GPU
    • Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Box 650 (note: the card is a VERY tight fit in this case)
    • Apple Thunderbolt 3 => 2 adapter
    • Apple Thunderbolt 2 0.5m cable (had problems with a 3rd party cable) connected to TB2 port 0
    • Mac Pro 2013 (D300 GPUs) running Catalina 10.15.4
    • Purge-wrangler v6.2.3 to enable eGPU on Thunderbolt 2
  • Connection B to the Macbook Pro:
    • Displayport 1.4 cable
    • StarTech TB3CDK2DP Thuderbolt / USB-C dock (uses the new Titan Ridge chipset, other TB3 or USB-C docks did not work)
    • MacBook Pro 13" 2019 (A1989)
I think you mean SV231DPDDUA2?

It's good to know that it allows a DisplayPort 1.4 HBR2 signal (5.4 Gbps link rate) with DSC even though it was probably meant only for DisplayPort 1.2 (since it says it supports up to 4K 60 Hz) but it makes sense because HBR2 from DisplayPort 1.4 or DisplayPort 1.2 is the same 5.4 Gbps link rate. You don't need a DisplayPort 1.4 cable for HBR2 signal from the 5700XT to KVM but why buy lower quality DisplayPort 1.2 cables when DisplayPort 1.4 cables exist.
People can learn more about Purge-wrangler on the eGPU.io website.

Some DisplayPort 1.2 adapters don't support DisplayPort 1.4 HBR2 with DSC (according to #16 - I haven't seen output from AGDCDiagnose for those attempts or confirmation from anyone else).

I am curious about Connection B. Alternatives to the TB3CDK2DP would be a HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 or other Thunderbolt dock with Titan Ridge (supports DisplayPort 1.4 HBR3 output) or a simple DisplayPort 1.4 USB-C to DisplayPort adapter (Cable Matters has one) or a USB-C cable to DisplayPort cable (Moshi - or anyone actually since it doesn't need to be bidirectional to connect from USB-C to KVM). The curious part is that you got 5K from a single connection. I don't think I've seen that before with the XDR. Does SwitchResX confirm 5K timing (900+ MHz pixel clock)? I would like to see an AGDCDiagnose of that (with DPCD registers and EDID).

wago

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2014
@joevt you're right:

This is 4k, not 5k. While display preferences showed 5k resolution as an option, it looks like garbage when selected:
image-2.png

Looking more closely at SwitchResX, it's clearly 4k. The 5k modes are scaled:
image-3.png

Now here's the part that's confusing to me. Looking at AGDCDiagnose, it appears to report the framebuffer window at either 2560x1600 or 2880x1800, but what I'm seeing on the monitor looks a lot more like 4k to me. Maybe it's only showing the internal LCD framebuffer settings? What's your take?

Code:
AGDCDiagnose Version: 4.7.2.2
### Start: GPUWrangler #######################################################
Stats: GPUCAdded:0 GpuAdded:1 Eject:0/f0/fd0/c0 Remove:0/t0 Un:0

gpu 0x56ff flags 0xb2000010 (IG,published,quiet,pubSched,pubArmed) vid.did=8086.3ea5 b:d:f=0:2:0
gpu 0x56ff        pci 0x10000021f IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IGPU@2
gpu 0x56ff       agdc 0x100000741     /AppleIntelFramebufferController/IntelFBClientControl
gpu 0x56ff       gpuc 0x000000000
gpu 0x56ff agdpclient 0x100000789     /AppleIntelFramebufferController/IntelFBClientControl/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy/AGDPClientControl
gpu 0x56ff      accel 0x10000072f     /IntelAccelerator
gpu 0x56ff      fb0:0 0x100000731     /AppleIntelFramebuffer@0
gpu 0x56ff      fb1:1 0x100000732     /AppleIntelFramebuffer@1
gpu 0x56ff      fb2:2 0x100000733     /AppleIntelFramebuffer@2

### End: GPUWrangler (took 0.113 sec) ########################################

### Start: EFIDisplayInfo ####################################################
Dumping EFI data for GPU Path IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IGPU@2
GraphicsDisplaySetup:
Version 65536
ConnectorNumber 0
AvailableLanes 4
AvailableBitRate 3240
DisplayRestoredFromNVRAM 1
HibernateWake 0

DP Configuration
Version: 65537
Mode: 0
BitRate: 4294901760
Lanes: 4
CommonVoltage: 0
CommonPreEmphasis: 0
CommonPostCursor2: 0
EnhancedFraming: 1
Scrambling: 1
AlternateScramblerSeedReset: 0
OtherBitRateInMegaBitsPerSecond: 3240

Framebuffer Timing
TimingIndex: 0
Encoding: 1
BitDepth: 3
PixelClock: 260730000
HActive: 2560
VActive: 1600
HBlank: 80
HBorderLeft: 0
HBorderRight: 0
VBlank: 46
VBorderTop: 0
VBorderBottom: 0
HSyncStart: 8
HSyncWidth: 32
HSyncPositive: 1
VSyncStart: 32
VSyncWidth: 8
VSyncPositive: 0
Interlace: 0

Framebuffer resolution
Version: 65536
Width: 2880
Height: 1800
Stride: 11520
Format: 1
Rotation: 0
Reverse: 0
### End: EFIDisplayInfo (took 0.111 sec) #####################################

### Start: Mux ###############################################################
### End: Mux (took 0.000 sec) ################################################

### Start: Ports #############################################################
### Start: AGDC[1] 0x10000075c ###############################################
IOService:/IOResources/AppleGPUWrangler
Vendor: Apple [0000106b]: AppleGPUWrangler [8 10000] (0)
### End: AGDC[1] 0x10000075c (took 0.000 sec) ################################

### Start: AGDC[2] 0x100000741 ###############################################
IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IGPU@2/AppleIntelFramebufferController/IntelFBClientControl
See 0x100000789
### End: AGDC[2] 0x100000741 (took 0.000 sec) ################################

### Start: AGDC[3] 0x100000789 ###############################################
IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IGPU@2/AppleIntelFramebufferController/IntelFBClientControl/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy/AGDPClientControl
Vendor: AppleIntelFramebufferController [0000106b]: IntegratedGPU [1 10000] (0)
FBs: 3, Ports: 0xe mst:0xc ddc:0xc aux:0xe, Streams: dp:0 dvi:0 mst:2 max:3
Framebuffers:
* 0: Address:  1.0 Stream: Not Associated Group: 0   Online                     Fixed   
  1: Address:  0.0 Stream: Not Associated Group: 0                                       
* 2: Address:  3.0 Stream: Enabled  Group: 0   Online   Assoc'd                   
Port Capabilities:
* 1: AUX
  2: AUX, DDC, MST
* 3: AUX, DDC, MST
Connections:
* 1:
  2:
* 3: [DP 1.4 4 x HBR2]      Status: [4 x HBR2 7777]      caps [features 0x1000a, p_encoding 0x9]             Sink   OUI:000-016-250 D1baba [068-049-098-097-098-097] HW Version: 17   FW Version: 6.55
## EDID Dump Port 1 - Start ##
// EDID Dump: device, 256 bytes, OK
uint8_t EDID_APP_610_a03d[] = {
  /* 000: */  0x00, 0xff, 0xff, 0xff, 0xff, 0xff, 0xff, 0x00,
  /* 008: */  0x06, 0x10, 0x3d, 0xa0, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 010: */  0x10, 0x1b, 0x01, 0x04, 0xb5, 0x1d, 0x12, 0x78,
  /* 018: */  0x02, 0x0f, 0xb1, 0xae, 0x52, 0x43, 0xb0, 0x26,
  /* 020: */  0x0d, 0x50, 0x54, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x01,
  /* 028: */  0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01,
  /* 030: */  0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0xd9, 0x65,
  /* 038: */  0x00, 0x50, 0xa0, 0x40, 0x2e, 0x60, 0x08, 0x20,
  /* 040: */  0x08, 0x08, 0x1e, 0xb3, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00, 0x1a,
  /* 048: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xfc, 0x00, 0x43, 0x6f, 0x6c,
  /* 050: */  0x6f, 0x72, 0x20, 0x4c, 0x43, 0x44, 0x0a, 0x20,
  /* 058: */  0x20, 0x20, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 060: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 068: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x10,
  /* 070: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 078: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x43,
  /* 080: */  0x70, 0x12, 0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x7f, 0x81, 0x3f,
  /* 088: */  0xfa, 0x10, 0x00, 0x03, 0x01, 0x18, 0x0f, 0x28,
  /* 090: */  0x17, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 098: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 0a0: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 0a8: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 0b0: */  0x46, 0x4d, 0x58, 0x39, 0x33, 0x37, 0x33, 0x30,
  /* 0b8: */  0x31, 0x57, 0x37, 0x4a, 0x34, 0x36, 0x33, 0x41,
  /* 0c0: */  0x34, 0x0a, 0x20, 0x20, 0x20, 0x20, 0x20, 0x7f,
  /* 0c8: */  0x81, 0x29, 0xfa, 0x10, 0x00, 0x02, 0x01, 0x00,
  /* 0d0: */  0x11, 0x00, 0x00, 0x02, 0x90, 0x03, 0x34, 0x04,
  /* 0d8: */  0x19, 0x05, 0x50, 0x06, 0xf9, 0x09, 0x3e, 0x0c,
  /* 0e0: */  0x59, 0x10, 0x9d, 0x16, 0x81, 0x1e, 0xa8, 0x29,
  /* 0e8: */  0xfe, 0x39, 0xce, 0x4f, 0xf1, 0x6f, 0x09, 0x9a,
  /* 0f0: */  0xd8, 0xd8, 0x57, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 0f8: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x4b, 0x90
};
## EDID Dump Port 1 - End ##
## Display Connection Stats Dump Port 1 - End ##
  Display mfgName: B]M, productID: 0xf00d
  Time to EDID read: 230
  Time to link train: 0
  Link training duration: 0
  Link training status: 0
  Link training count: 0
  HDCP status: 0
  HDCP retry count: 0
## Display Connection Stats Dump Port 1 - End ##
## Register Dump Port 3 - Start ##
  Reg: 000000: 14 : DPCD_REV: 1.4
  Reg: 000001: 14 : MAX_LINK_RATE: HBR2
  Reg: 000002: c4 : MAX_LANE_COUNT: 4, TPS3_SUPPORTED: 1, ENHANCED_FRAME_CAP: 1
  Reg: 000003: 83 : MAX_DOWNSPREAD: 0.5% down, NO_AUX_HANDSHAKE_LINK_TRAINING: 0
  Reg: 000004: 01 : NORP: 1
  Reg: 000005: 00 : DOWNSTREAMPORT_PRESENT: DWN_STRM_PORT_PRESENT: 0, DWN_STRM_PORT_TYPE: [0] DisplayPort, FORMAT_CONVERSION: 0, DETAILED_CAP_INFO_AVAILABLE: 0
  Reg: 000006: 01 : MAIN_LINK_CHANNEL_CODING: ANSI 8B/10B
  Reg: 000007: c0 : DOWN_STREAM_PORT_COUNT: DWN_STRM_PORT_COUNT: 0, MSA_TIMING_PAR_IGNORED: 1, OUI: 1
  Reg: 000008: 02 : RECEIVE_PORT0_CAP_0: LOCAL_EDID_PRESENT: 1, ASSOCIATED_TO_PRECEDING_PORT: 0
  Reg: 000009: 01 : RECEIVE_PORT0_CAP_1: BUFFER_SIZE: 64
  Reg: 00000a: 04 : RECEIVE_PORT1_CAP_0:
  Reg: 00000b: 01 : RECEIVE_PORT1_CAP_1:
  Reg: 00000c: 20 : I2C Speed: 1Mbps
  Reg: 00000d: 00 : eDP_CONFIGURATION_CAP: ALTERNATE_SCRAMBLER_RESET_CAPABLE: 0, FRAMING_CHANGE_CAPABLE: 0
  Reg: 00000e: 84 : TRAINING_AUX_RD_INTERVAL: 0 RESERVED, EXTENDED_RECEIVER_CAPABILITY_FIELD_PRESENT: YES
  Reg: 00000f: 00 : ADAPTER_CAP: FORCE_LOAD_SENSE_CAP: 0, ALTERNATE_I2C_PATTERN_CAP: 0
  Reg: 000020: 00 : FAUX_CAP: FAUX_CAP: 0
  Reg: 000021: 00 : MSTM_CAP: MST_CAP: 0
  Reg: 000022: 01 : NUMBER_OF_AUDIO_ENDPOINTS: 1
  Reg: 000060: 01 : DSC Support: 1
  Reg: 000061: 21 : DSC Algorithm revision: 33
  Reg: 000062: 00 : DSC RC Buffer Block size: 0
  Reg: 000063: 0f : DSC RC Buffer size: 15
  Reg: 000064: 0b : DSC slice Capabilities 1 : 11
  Reg: 000065: 04 : DSC Line buffer bit depth: 4
  Reg: 000066: 00 : DSC Block prediction support: 0
  Reg: 000067: 00 : DSC Maximum bit per pixel: 0
  Reg: 000068: 00 : DSC Maximum bit per pixel: 0
  Reg: 000069: 01 : DSC Decoder color format capabilities: 1
  Reg: 00006a: 0e : DSC decoder color depth capabilities: 14
  Reg: 00006b: 02 : DSC Peak Throughput: 2
  Reg: 00006c: 0c : DSC Maximum Slice width: 12
  Reg: 00006d: 00 : DSC Slice capabilities 2: 0
  Reg: 00006e: 00 : Reserved: 0
  Reg: 00006f: 00 : DSC Bits per pixel increment: 0
  Reg: 000090: 0f : FEC Capability: 0xf
  Reg: 000080: 00 : DETAILED_CAP_INFO_AVAILABLE: DWN_STRM_PORTX_CAP: [0] DisplayPort, DWN_STRM_PORTX_HPD: 0, NON_EDID_DWN_STRM_PORTX_ATTRIBUTE: 0
  Reg: 000081: 00 : DETAILED_CAP_INFO_AVAILABLE: DWN_STRM_PORTX_CAP: [0] DisplayPort, DWN_STRM_PORTX_HPD: 0, NON_EDID_DWN_STRM_PORTX_ATTRIBUTE: 0
  Reg: 000082: 00 : DETAILED_CAP_INFO_AVAILABLE: DWN_STRM_PORTX_CAP: [0] DisplayPort, DWN_STRM_PORTX_HPD: 0, NON_EDID_DWN_STRM_PORTX_ATTRIBUTE: 0
  Reg: 000083: 00 : DETAILED_CAP_INFO_AVAILABLE: DWN_STRM_PORTX_CAP: [0] DisplayPort, DWN_STRM_PORTX_HPD: 0, NON_EDID_DWN_STRM_PORTX_ATTRIBUTE: 0
  Reg: 000084: 00 : DETAILED_CAP_INFO_AVAILABLE: DWN_STRM_PORTX_CAP: [0] DisplayPort, DWN_STRM_PORTX_HPD: 0, NON_EDID_DWN_STRM_PORTX_ATTRIBUTE: 0
  Reg: 000085: 00 : DETAILED_CAP_INFO_AVAILABLE: DWN_STRM_PORTX_CAP: [0] DisplayPort, DWN_STRM_PORTX_HPD: 0, NON_EDID_DWN_STRM_PORTX_ATTRIBUTE: 0
  Reg: 000086: 00 : DETAILED_CAP_INFO_AVAILABLE: DWN_STRM_PORTX_CAP: [0] DisplayPort, DWN_STRM_PORTX_HPD: 0, NON_EDID_DWN_STRM_PORTX_ATTRIBUTE: 0
  Reg: 000087: 00 : DETAILED_CAP_INFO_AVAILABLE: DWN_STRM_PORTX_CAP: [0] DisplayPort, DWN_STRM_PORTX_HPD: 0, NON_EDID_DWN_STRM_PORTX_ATTRIBUTE: 0
  Reg: 000088: 00 : DETAILED_CAP_INFO_AVAILABLE: DWN_STRM_PORTX_CAP: [0] DisplayPort, DWN_STRM_PORTX_HPD: 0, NON_EDID_DWN_STRM_PORTX_ATTRIBUTE: 0
  Reg: 000089: 00 : DETAILED_CAP_INFO_AVAILABLE: DWN_STRM_PORTX_CAP: [0] DisplayPort, DWN_STRM_PORTX_HPD: 0, NON_EDID_DWN_STRM_PORTX_ATTRIBUTE: 0
  Reg: 00008a: 00 : DETAILED_CAP_INFO_AVAILABLE: DWN_STRM_PORTX_CAP: [0] DisplayPort, DWN_STRM_PORTX_HPD: 0, NON_EDID_DWN_STRM_PORTX_ATTRIBUTE: 0
  Reg: 00008b: 00 : DETAILED_CAP_INFO_AVAILABLE: DWN_STRM_PORTX_CAP: [0] DisplayPort, DWN_STRM_PORTX_HPD: 0, NON_EDID_DWN_STRM_PORTX_ATTRIBUTE: 0
  Reg: 00008c: 00 : DETAILED_CAP_INFO_AVAILABLE: DWN_STRM_PORTX_CAP: [0] DisplayPort, DWN_STRM_PORTX_HPD: 0, NON_EDID_DWN_STRM_PORTX_ATTRIBUTE: 0
  Reg: 00008d: 00 : DETAILED_CAP_INFO_AVAILABLE: DWN_STRM_PORTX_CAP: [0] DisplayPort, DWN_STRM_PORTX_HPD: 0, NON_EDID_DWN_STRM_PORTX_ATTRIBUTE: 0
  Reg: 00008e: 00 : DETAILED_CAP_INFO_AVAILABLE: DWN_STRM_PORTX_CAP: [0] DisplayPort, DWN_STRM_PORTX_HPD: 0, NON_EDID_DWN_STRM_PORTX_ATTRIBUTE: 0
  Reg: 00008f: 00 : DETAILED_CAP_INFO_AVAILABLE: DWN_STRM_PORTX_CAP: [0] DisplayPort, DWN_STRM_PORTX_HPD: 0, NON_EDID_DWN_STRM_PORTX_ATTRIBUTE: 0
  Reg: 000100: 14 : LINK_BW_SET: HBR2
  Reg: 000101: 84 : LANE_COUNT_SET: LANE_COUNT_SET 4, ENHANCED_FRAME_EN: 1
  Reg: 000107: 10 : DOWNSPREAD_CTRL: SPREAD_AMP: 1, MSA_TIMING_PAR_IGNORE_EN: 0
  Reg: 00010a: 00 : eDP_CONFIGURATION_CAP_SET: ALTERNATE_SCRAMBLER_RESET_CAPABLE: 0, FRAMING_CHANGE_CAPABLE: 0
  Reg: 000111: 00 : MSTM_CTRL: UPSTREAM_IS_SRC:0 UP_REQ_EN:0 MST_EN:0
  Reg: 000120: 00 : FEC Configuration: 0x0
  Reg: 000160: 01 : DSC Enable: 0x1
  Reg: 000200: 01 : SINK_COUNT: SINK_COUNT 1, CP_READY: 0
  Reg: 000202: 77 : LANE0: CR_DONE: 1, CHANNEL_EQ_DONE: 1, SYMBOL_LOCKED: 1
  Reg: 000202: 77 : LANE1: CR_DONE: 1, CHANNEL_EQ_DONE: 1, SYMBOL_LOCKED: 1
  Reg: 000203: 77 : LANE2: CR_DONE: 1, CHANNEL_EQ_DONE: 1, SYMBOL_LOCKED: 1
  Reg: 000203: 77 : LANE3: CR_DONE: 1, CHANNEL_EQ_DONE: 1, SYMBOL_LOCKED: 1
  Reg: 000205: 05 : SINK_STATUS: RECEIVE_PORT_0_STATUS: 1, RECEIVE_PORT_1_STATUS: 0
  Reg: 000206: 22 : LANE0: VOLTAGE_SWING: 2, PRE-EMPHASIS: 0
  Reg: 000206: 22 : LANE1: VOLTAGE_SWING: 2, PRE-EMPHASIS: 0
  Reg: 000207: 22 : LANE2: VOLTAGE_SWING: 2, PRE-EMPHASIS: 0
  Reg: 000207: 22 : LANE3: VOLTAGE_SWING: 2, PRE-EMPHASIS: 0
  Reg: 00020f: 07 : DSC Status: 7
  Reg: 00042f: 01 : DISPLAY_ROTATION: 0x1
  Reg: 002200: 14 : DPCD_REV: 1.4
  Reg: 002201: 14 : MAX_LINK_RATE: HBR2
  Reg: 002202: c4 : MAX_LANE_COUNT: 4, TPS3_SUPPORTED: 1, ENHANCED_FRAME_CAP: 1
  Reg: 002203: 83 : MAX_DOWNSPREAD: 0.5% down, NO_AUX_HANDSHAKE_LINK_TRAINING: 0
  Reg: 002204: 01 : NORP: 1
  Reg: 002205: 00 : DOWNSTREAMPORT_PRESENT: DWN_STRM_PORT_PRESENT: 0, DWN_STRM_PORT_TYPE: [0] DisplayPort, FORMAT_CONVERSION: 0, DETAILED_CAP_INFO_AVAILABLE: 0
  Reg: 002206: 01 : MAIN_LINK_CHANNEL_CODING_SET: ANSI 8B/10B
  Reg: 002207: c0 : DOWN_STREAM_PORT_COUNT: DWN_STRM_PORT_COUNT: 0, MSA_TIMING_PAR_IGNORED: 1, OUI: 1
  Reg: 002208: 02 : RECEIVE_PORT0_CAP_0: LOCAL_EDID_PRESENT: 1, ASSOCIATED_TO_PRECEDING_PORT: 0
  Reg: 002209: 01 : RECEIVE_PORT0_CAP_1: BUFFER_SIZE: 64
  Reg: 00220a: 04 : RECEIVE_PORT1_CAP_0:
  Reg: 00220b: 01 : RECEIVE_PORT1_CAP_1:
  Reg: 00220c: 0f : I2C Speed: 1Kbps 5Kbps 10Kbps 100Kbps
  Reg: 00220d: 00 : eDP_CONFIGURATION_CAP_SET: ALTERNATE_SCRAMBLER_RESET_CAPABLE: 0, FRAMING_CHANGE_CAPABLE: 0
  Reg: 00220e: 84 : TRAINING_AUX_RD_INTERVAL: 0 RESERVED, EXTENDED_RECEIVER_CAPABILITY_FIELD_PRESENT: YES
  Reg: 00220f: 00 : ADAPTER_CAP: FORCE_LOAD_SENSE_CAP: 0, ALTERNATE_I2C_PATTERN_CAP: 0
  Reg: 068028: 01 : HDCP_CAPABLE: 1, REPEATER: 0
  Reg: 06921d: 02 : VERSION: 2
  Reg: 06921f: 02 : HDCP_CAPABLE: 1, REPEATER: 0
  Reg: 069330: 00 : HDCP_Depth: 0
  Reg: 069331: 00 : HDCP_count: 0  HDCP2_0 Downstream: 0 HDCP1 Downstream: 0
  Reg: 069493: 02 : Ready: 0 , H' Available: 1, Pairing_available: 0 , Reauth_req: 0, Link Integrity: 0
## Register Dump Port 3 - End ##
## EDID Dump Port 3 - Start ##
// EDID Dump: device, 640 bytes, OK
uint8_t EDID_APP_610_ae2d[] = {
  /* 000: */  0x00, 0xff, 0xff, 0xff, 0xff, 0xff, 0xff, 0x00,
  /* 008: */  0x06, 0x10, 0x2d, 0xae, 0x03, 0x11, 0x12, 0x1b,
  /* 010: */  0x01, 0x1d, 0x01, 0x04, 0xc5, 0x46, 0x27, 0x78,
  /* 018: */  0x00, 0x0f, 0x91, 0xae, 0x52, 0x43, 0xb0, 0x26,
  /* 020: */  0x0f, 0x50, 0x54, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x01,
  /* 028: */  0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01,
  /* 030: */  0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x42, 0xce,
  /* 038: */  0x00, 0x50, 0xf0, 0x70, 0x55, 0x80, 0x08, 0x20,
  /* 040: */  0x78, 0x00, 0xbb, 0x89, 0x21, 0x00, 0x00, 0x1a,
  /* 048: */  0x42, 0xce, 0x00, 0x50, 0xf0, 0x70, 0x16, 0x82,
  /* 050: */  0x08, 0x20, 0x88, 0x00, 0xbb, 0x89, 0x21, 0x00,
  /* 058: */  0x00, 0x1a, 0xa0, 0x5c, 0x00, 0x50, 0xa0, 0xa0,
  /* 060: */  0x39, 0x50, 0x08, 0x20, 0xb8, 0x08, 0xbb, 0x89,
  /* 068: */  0x21, 0x00, 0x00, 0x1a, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xfc,
  /* 070: */  0x00, 0x50, 0x72, 0x6f, 0x44, 0x69, 0x73, 0x70,
  /* 078: */  0x6c, 0x61, 0x79, 0x58, 0x44, 0x52, 0x04, 0xdf,
  /* 080: */  0x02, 0x03, 0x0f, 0x80, 0xe3, 0x05, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 088: */  0xe6, 0x06, 0x01, 0x01, 0x6b, 0x6b, 0x02, 0x3c,
  /* 090: */  0xce, 0x00, 0x50, 0xf0, 0x70, 0x57, 0x80, 0x08,
  /* 098: */  0x20, 0x98, 0x00, 0xbb, 0x89, 0x21, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 0a0: */  0x1a, 0x3d, 0xce, 0x00, 0x50, 0xf0, 0x70, 0x86,
  /* 0a8: */  0x82, 0x08, 0x20, 0x88, 0x0c, 0xbb, 0x89, 0x21,
  /* 0b0: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x1a, 0x41, 0xce, 0x00, 0x50, 0xf0,
  /* 0b8: */  0x70, 0x89, 0x82, 0x08, 0x20, 0xb8, 0x0c, 0xbb,
  /* 0c0: */  0x89, 0x21, 0x00, 0x00, 0x1a, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 0c8: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 0d0: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 0d8: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 0e0: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 0e8: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 0f0: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 0f8: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xbb,
  /* 100: */  0x70, 0x12, 0x79, 0x00, 0x00, 0x29, 0x00, 0x10,
  /* 108: */  0x68, 0x71, 0x05, 0xd8, 0xec, 0x97, 0x4d, 0xf4,
  /* 110: */  0x99, 0x69, 0x67, 0x49, 0x72, 0xb6, 0x83, 0xf4,
  /* 118: */  0x01, 0x00, 0x0c, 0x52, 0x1b, 0x5e, 0x0f, 0x80,
  /* 120: */  0x17, 0x38, 0x0d, 0x10, 0x78, 0x4e, 0xbb, 0x7f,
  /* 128: */  0x81, 0x07, 0xfa, 0x10, 0x00, 0x04, 0x01, 0x00,
  /* 130: */  0x00, 0x7e, 0x00, 0x05, 0x3a, 0x02, 0x92, 0x81,
  /* 138: */  0x00, 0x03, 0x00, 0x28, 0xc4, 0x6c, 0x01, 0x04,
  /* 140: */  0xff, 0x13, 0x4f, 0x00, 0x07, 0x80, 0x1f, 0x00,
  /* 148: */  0x3f, 0x0b, 0x70, 0x00, 0x62, 0x00, 0x07, 0x00,
  /* 150: */  0x58, 0xf6, 0x01, 0x84, 0x7f, 0x17, 0x4f, 0x00,
  /* 158: */  0x07, 0x80, 0x1f, 0x00, 0x37, 0x0d, 0x83, 0x00,
  /* 160: */  0x75, 0x00, 0x07, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 168: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 170: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 178: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0a, 0x90,
  /* 180: */  0x70, 0x12, 0x79, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00, 0x64,
  /* 188: */  0xc4, 0x6c, 0x01, 0x04, 0xff, 0x13, 0x4f, 0x00,
  /* 190: */  0x07, 0x80, 0x1f, 0x00, 0x3f, 0x0b, 0x70, 0x00,
  /* 198: */  0x62, 0x00, 0x07, 0x00, 0xa5, 0x6c, 0x01, 0x04,
  /* 1a0: */  0xff, 0x13, 0x4f, 0x00, 0x07, 0x80, 0x1f, 0x00,
  /* 1a8: */  0x3f, 0x0b, 0x72, 0x00, 0x64, 0x00, 0x07, 0x00,
  /* 1b0: */  0xb5, 0x6c, 0x01, 0x04, 0xff, 0x13, 0x4f, 0x00,
  /* 1b8: */  0x07, 0x80, 0x1f, 0x00, 0x3f, 0x0b, 0xc6, 0x02,
  /* 1c0: */  0xb8, 0x02, 0x07, 0x00, 0xbe, 0x6c, 0x01, 0x04,
  /* 1c8: */  0xff, 0x13, 0x4f, 0x00, 0x07, 0x80, 0x1f, 0x00,
  /* 1d0: */  0x3f, 0x0b, 0x5c, 0x03, 0x4e, 0x03, 0x07, 0x00,
  /* 1d8: */  0xab, 0x6c, 0x01, 0x04, 0xff, 0x13, 0x4f, 0x00,
  /* 1e0: */  0x07, 0x80, 0x1f, 0x00, 0x3f, 0x0b, 0x5f, 0x03,
  /* 1e8: */  0x51, 0x03, 0x07, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 1f0: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 1f8: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0a, 0x90,
  /* 200: */  0x70, 0x12, 0x79, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00, 0x64,
  /* 208: */  0x58, 0xf6, 0x01, 0x84, 0x7f, 0x17, 0x4f, 0x00,
  /* 210: */  0x07, 0x80, 0x1f, 0x00, 0x37, 0x0d, 0x83, 0x00,
  /* 218: */  0x75, 0x00, 0x07, 0x00, 0x45, 0xf6, 0x01, 0x04,
  /* 220: */  0x7f, 0x17, 0x4f, 0x00, 0x07, 0x80, 0x1f, 0x00,
  /* 228: */  0x37, 0x0d, 0x86, 0x00, 0x78, 0x00, 0x07, 0x00,
  /* 230: */  0x52, 0xf6, 0x01, 0x04, 0x7f, 0x17, 0x4f, 0x00,
  /* 238: */  0x07, 0x80, 0x1f, 0x00, 0x37, 0x0d, 0x42, 0x03,
  /* 240: */  0x34, 0x03, 0x07, 0x00, 0x58, 0xf6, 0x01, 0x04,
  /* 248: */  0x7f, 0x17, 0x4f, 0x00, 0x07, 0x80, 0x1f, 0x00,
  /* 250: */  0x37, 0x0d, 0xf2, 0x03, 0xe4, 0x03, 0x07, 0x00,
  /* 258: */  0x4c, 0xf6, 0x01, 0x04, 0x7f, 0x17, 0x4f, 0x00,
  /* 260: */  0x07, 0x80, 0x1f, 0x00, 0x37, 0x0d, 0xf6, 0x03,
  /* 268: */  0xe8, 0x03, 0x07, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 270: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
  /* 278: */  0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xb4, 0x90
};
## EDID Dump Port 3 - End ##
## Display Connection Stats Dump Port 3 - End ##
  Display mfgName: APP, productID: 0xae2d
  Time to EDID read: 4748610
  Time to link train: 6334641
  Link training duration: 61025
  Link training status: 1
  Link training count: 1
  HDCP status: 1
  HDCP retry count: 1
## Display Connection Stats Dump Port 3 - End ##
### End: AGDC[3] 0x100000789 (took 0.357 sec) ################################

### End: Ports (took 0.357 sec) ##############################################

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.