Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

armyanticheat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2013
Hello Everyone

I am ''ArmyAntiCheat'' from aao25.com community. I belong to respected member board of contribution to assist. ''Assist'' and devs is about to launch one of the biggest updates in years to make community happy and to try so many things out. This is not a spam, but we would like you to join the game!

This game is for three platforms. MAC - WINDOWS - LINUX.
Devs of Assist has made changes a while ago for MAC version 10.5.8 to be able to play the game, so now tiger and leopard is able to play this fantastic game.

A lot of changes to be made, there are new trailers released on AA.
A lot of improvements and features such as AA3 maps to be converted into 2.5, new assist client, new GUI and so on! Remember its AA 2.5 version and we make magic! Come and join now and play the game for free! http://www.aao25.com (Info) to download the game on the homepage.

Thank you and enjoy!

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Thanks for the heads up. Just curious, not intended as a hostile question, but is the game still subsidized by the US Army or is it independent?

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
Thanks for the heads up. Just curious, not intended as a hostile question, but is the game still subsidized by the US Army or is it independent?

To answer the question, AA has dropped support for OS X a long time ago. 2.5 was the last version for OS X. They are onto 3+.

armyanticheat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2013
This is not a spam.

Leopard and Tiger is supported. Yes it was dropped but Eliz the main coder and developer has brought it back. Now it supports even 10.5.8 version of the MAC's. If you don't believe it just download the game.

No it is not utilized by the army. A small group of people who is not related to the army has brought the game up, old devs retired or moved on to other version of the game and they also dropped support and authorisation of honor etc.

But everything is running again as it was, new updates coming and the game is improving by every year.

This is not a spam, I will answer your questions, just feel free to ask and don't hesitate.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
Problem is there are not many people running Leopard anymore. AA was only coded for PPC Macs and the number of them are decreasing and are not supported by Apple anymore.

armyanticheat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2013
I understand, more and more people buy new Mac's and upgrades. Better Mac runs better games but AA has always been online and up to date so feel free to join if you missed AA.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
This is not a spam.

You posted almost the exact same thing on IGN, and replied to your own thread twice. You might not be a bot (fooled me), but IMO that's spam.

Better Mac runs better games but AA has always been online and up to date so feel free to join if you missed AA.

I'm not sure if you understand. Intel macs can't run PPC code. Apple dropped Rosetta (the emulation engine to run old apps) a long time ago. Almost nobody here can run the game in OS X.

armyanticheat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2013
I did post on IGN, actually I did advertisements, no need to hate. We just advertise the game, to remind people that AA is not dead and still active for those who played AA before or who would like to try it out as we are close on updating the AA greatly.

macrumors 68020
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
I want to play AA again, I used to play it all the time. But how can I run it on my INTEL mac?

Is this still PPC only?

armyanticheat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2013
I want to play AA again, I used to play it all the time. But how can I run it on my INTEL mac?

Is this still PPC only?

As I got an answer from the main dev, yes it should be possible for intel macs. Just try it out it wont harm your mac in any case.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
I did post on IGN, actually I did advertisements, no need to hate. We just advertise the game (...)

So you're admitting it is spam. But regardless...

(...) to remind people that AA is not dead and still active for those who played AA before or who would like to try it out as we are close on updating the AA greatly.

So you're saying there will be a new AA that actually supports a modern OS X? Some people would probably like that.

And no, modern Macs use Intel chips and cannot run PPC code natively. You have to understand that it's not that simple. Unless you port AA to an intel version of OS X, it is more or less dead on this platform.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I did post on IGN, actually I did advertisements, no need to hate. We just advertise the game, to remind people that AA is not dead and still active for those who played AA before or who would like to try it out as we are close on updating the AA greatly.

Spam is a tricky thing in this forum. Usually if you create an account and your first post is an advertisement it is frowned upon, and may be removed. But if you return and talk about it, that seems better. ;) I myself a regular, have started a new thread for the purpose of saying, "hey, check out this new game" which is ok, but I am not officially associated with said game which may have a bearing. Anyway, it ends up being the discretion of the mods.

armyanticheat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2013
So you're admitting it is spam. But regardless...

So you're saying there will be a new AA that actually supports a modern OS X? Some people would probably like that.

And no, modern Macs use Intel chips and cannot run PPC code natively. You have to understand that it's not that simple. Unless you port AA to an intel version of OS X, it is more or less dead on this platform.

America's Army 2.5 was originally ported to PPC but now works on Intel Macs flawlessly. We have many players, including a dev (who gets better FPS on it than his Windows machine) that play on Intel Macs. The game is now under independent control from a group of devs that are from many countries. There is no official involvement or approval, it's just a project taken on by fans to keep the game alive with updates and cool features. To some, it may not compare to ARMA or BF4 but it's nostalgia and a lot of people say there is no game better or more realistic than AA2. You be the judge :) It's not a large download, much smaller than modern games.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
America's Army 2.5 was originally ported to PPC but now works on Intel Macs flawlessly. We have many players, including a dev (who gets better FPS on it than his Windows machine) that play on Intel Macs. The game is now under independent control from a group of devs that are from many countries. There is no official involvement or approval, it's just a project taken on by fans to keep the game alive with updates and cool features. To some, it may not compare to ARMA or BF4 but it's nostalgia and a lot of people say there is no game better or more realistic than AA2. You be the judge :) It's not a large download, much smaller than modern games.

Let us know when it supports OS X Mavericks 10.9.x

armyanticheat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2013
2.5 Assist wishes you the best New Year!

Just to remind everyone that the biggest update just to be released in about 24 hours so stay tuned!

Supports Windows, Linux and Power Mac/ Intel Mac platforms!

http://www.aao25.com

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
There is an admin who plays on Mavericks, so the answer is yes.

Maybe. They could be running the Windows version with Wine unless you are certain that is not the case. That isn't necessarily bad, depending on how well it works with Wine if this is the case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.