Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thrash911

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Jutland, Denmark
Hello smart people, :)

I use Amphetamine to keep my external drives from spinning down/turning off. It's been working very well. But now it's just not doing it anymore. I have double and triple checked my settings. I have tried giving the app full disk access (Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Full Disk Access). I have also tried deleting everything pertaining to Amphetamine (Caches, Preferences, etc.), and set it up over again. Nothing. According to Amphetamine, the status of the drives are "alive", even when they have spun down and turned off. On the drives in question, I have used Terminal to check the file Amphetamine touches (.Amphetamine.DriveAlive), and I can see it's just not touching that file anymore, because the timestamp is almost a week old. I did contact the devs about this some days ago, but have yet to receive an answer.

Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing this? What else can I do?

EDIT: Dev replied. It's a bug. Linked me to a beta of the next release, and it works fine. All okay. Thanks for reading.. :)

-Brian

Last edited:

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
Hello smart people, :)

I use Amphetamine to keep my external drives from spinning down/turning off. It's been working very well. But now it's just not doing it anymore. I have double and triple checked my settings. I have tried giving the app full disk access (Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Full Disk Access). I have also tried deleting everything pertaining to Amphetamine (Caches, Preferences, etc.), and set it up over again. Nothing. According to Amphetamine, the status of the drives are "alive", even when they have spun down and turned off. On the drives in question, I have used Terminal to check the file Amphetamine touches (.Amphetamine.DriveAlive), and I can see it's just not touching that file anymore, because the timestamp is almost a week old. I did contact the devs about this some days ago, but have yet to receive an answer.

Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing this? What else can I do?

EDIT: Dev replied. It's a bug. Linked me to a beta of the next release, and it works fine. All okay. Thanks for reading.. :)

-Brian
Happy you found a solution.
For other readers it helps to add the customary "RESOLVED" to the thread title.
Regards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.