Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
Hello, a few weeks ago I explained here a problem I had with Airdrop on my Air 2. In a nutshell, iPad would send files but chime and not receive any file no matter the sender, iMac or iPhone. Everything solution was attempted, that is all I could find here and on the Web. No can do. So yesterday Il called Apple and a very polite and efficient gentleman took me through the hour long process. Together we upgraded to 9.3.1. Problem was still there. So the Apple guy decided it was time to go back in time. We did a complete restore with "chose a new" or something like that. And the problem was solved. His guess: a corrupt iOS but what corrupter it? It's still a mystery. Wanted to share with you. Apple service is truly amazing. Now, let's see if the battery holds up to the 14 hours of usage of 9.2.1...:apple::)o_O

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Hello, a few weeks ago I explained here a problem I had with Airdrop on my Air 2. In a nutshell, iPad would send files but chime and not receive any file no matter the sender, iMac or iPhone. Everything solution was attempted, that is all I could find here and on the Web. No can do. So yesterday Il called Apple and a very polite and efficient gentleman took me through the hour long process. Together we upgraded to 9.3.1. Problem was still there. So the Apple guy decided it was time to go back in time. We did a complete restore with "chose a new" or something like that. And the problem was solved. His guess: a corrupt iOS but what corrupter it? It's still a mystery. Wanted to share with you. Apple service is truly amazing. Now, let's see if the battery holds up to the 14 hours of usage of 9.2.1...:apple::)o_O

A friend of mine had an airdrop issue where his iDevices were not seeing each other. Restarting his Wifi Router fixed the issue. Not sure why or how but it did. make a note of that as well.

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
I thought of restarting the router but since only the iPad had an Airdrop problem, I decided not to go with this. I called Apple technical service instead. Anyhow, I feel now I have a brand new iPad and iPhone. Starting from scratch is thrillng.

sdz

macrumors 65816
May 28, 2014
Europe/Germany
I have the exact same issue with my iPad Pro and iOS 9.3.5.

Starting from scratch is not an alternative for me ! What can I do ?

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
I have the exact same issue with my iPad Pro and iOS 9.3.5.

Starting from scratch is not an alternative for me ! What can I do ?

Friend, I so much tried everything before erasing and reinstalling, it seems nothing else works. Ffor me, no solution found on the Web resolved my problem. Why do you say "Starting from scratch is not an alternative for me" ? Believe me, I tried every thing even using another app but nothing (to me) comes close to AirDrop. Keep us informed.

saudor

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2011
it might help to sign out and sign back into iCloud. Had (unrelated) personal hotspot issues for the longest time and that fixed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.