Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
Is there such thing as an app that displays the current playing sample rate / bitrate of audio that's playing on MacOS? Basically wish this was a feature in iStat Menu, because with the new Apple Music I'd like to be able to know what resolution the audio I'm listening to is currently processing at (ie, 41, 48 or 192hz)

riggles

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2013
Not being cheeky here, but you mean outside of clicking on the Lossless icon in the Music app?

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
Not being cheeky here, but you mean outside of clicking on the Lossless icon in the Music app?

yeah, outside of that thing i totally knew existed :x

it disappears if its not lossless, and its the same icon for lossless 44.1khz, and high red 24bit 192khz that you have to click to find out which it is

I'm looking for something that has a reading regardless, so if i know an audio source sucks

Ritsuka

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2006
That would be hard, each app decode the audio to PCM and feed the PCM to core audio, so the system doesn't know what's the original format like.
But if it's only for Apple Music, probably is doable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.