Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bhope95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2021
New York, USA
Hey guys, I just released my first app iOS app Gala. Apple has been building up their services departments however they don't have anything for photo & video sharing which is a surprise since they hate FB/Insta + want to protect privacy and there are already trillions of photos and videos stored on iCloud waiting to be shared.

So I made this app for iPhone/Apple users to share their photos & videos with one another around the world. It's ideal for people who want an alternative to Instagram. Instagram used to be one of my favorite apps but ever since the founders left in 2018 the app has gone down hill. I'm hoping to bring back the OG Instagram vibes and fix a lot of problems brought on by FB in the process. This service allows your posts to reach as many iPhone users around the world as possible organically. It's also designed with simplicity in mind and is extremely easy to use, simply post what you want, when you want and reach the people most interested in your content, no need to research hashtags or pick the perfect time of day! As an added bonus we chose to only allow for an Apple sign in for better security and to make sure everyone is an iOS user. You can get it today on the App Store here.

P.S I named it Gala because it's a species of Apple and also kind of social occasion aha. Also right now where only on iPhone but want to expand to all Apple devices but we just launched a few weeks ago. If you have questions my emails brian@trygala.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.