Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaveN

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2010
So I picked up the current generation Apple TV over Thanksgiving weekend from the Apple Store. I set it up today and now have three Apple TVs in my house (three tvs and three Apple TVs). Then I noticed how many obsolete Apple TVs I have (also three). I have more Apple TVs than any other Apple product. Any other Apple TV nerds out there?

Reactions: Boyd01

Soondae

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
Hua Hin, Thailand
Ha ha, I have ATV2 and 3 also 1st gen ATVHD and the 1st gen ATV4K. While shopping last month I almost bought the latest gen ATV4K and then I decided against it as my ATVHD and 4K still work wonderfully and still receive the latest updates.
I just gave away the ATV gen3 to a friend whom uses it for airplay, I still have the gen2 but never use it, it is jailbroke with ATVBlack.

Reactions: Boyd01 and DaveN

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
I have two ATV1, one ATV2, four ATV3s, one ATV4, two ATV4K1, one ATV4K2, and one ATV4K3.

I still have all of them, although I gave one ATV3 and one ATV4K1 to a friend and the other to my parents.

I still use the four latest generations.

DaveN

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2010
Ha ha, I have ATV2 and 3 also 1st gen ATVHD and the 1st gen ATV4K. While shopping last month I almost bought the latest gen ATV4K and then I decided against it as my ATVHD and 4K still work wonderfully and still receive the latest updates.
I just gave away the ATV gen3 to a friend whom uses it for airplay, I still have the gen2 but never use it, it is jailbroke with ATVBlack.
I’m pretty sure I gave at least one of my ATVs to my sister over the years. I also have the first generation ATV4K but was curious about using the FaceTime option on the latest version (no surprise here - it is petty cool to have a Jetson like video calling system). I don’t even have a 4k tv. I have two 720P TVs and on 1080 plasma tv. To me the benefit of ATVs is that it brings new features to the TVs long after their manufacturers stopped supporting them.

Edd70

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2018
I’m on my 3rd ATV (4k 2nd gen) and I’m thinking of putting my old HD in our bedroom to replace a 5 year old Roku. In my opinion, every other TV interface sucks compared to tvOS. I’m looking at ads on the Roku home screen. Why, seriously, it’s stupid.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I have 4 Apple TVs (4k 3rd gen x2 and 4k first gen x 2) hooked up to the 4 TVs in my house and have 2 older models (HD models) which are not being used.

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
I have more Apple TVs than any other Apple product. Any other Apple TV nerds out there?

I have way to much old Apple stuff, but mainly computers. I do have two AppleTV3's in the closet and two AppleTV4's (aka AppleTV HD) currently in use. Got a 4k TV to replace a dead 1080p screen recently, thought about getting a new AppleTV for it. But I spend very little time sitting around watching TV, so I'll stick with the ATV4 for awhile.

Looks like we may have something else in common sitting around the house. :)

bigCat.jpg

Reactions: DaveN

kirbyrun

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2009
Oh, this topic was made for me! :cool:

I have two gen 3s (one each on the attic and basement TVs), a gen 4 (on the living room TV), and then -- inexplicably -- three gen 2s just sitting in a box...and a first generation "hot plate" AppleTV in excellent condition gathering dust in the basement.

I wish I could figure out a use for those older ones...and yet I can't surrender them!

(I also have a handful of Airport Expresses...which aren't AppleTVs, but are the same form factor, so I'm counting them!)

DaveN

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2010
I have way to much old Apple stuff, but mainly computers. I do have two AppleTV3's in the closet and two AppleTV4's (aka AppleTV HD) currently in use. Got a 4k TV to replace a dead 1080p screen recently, thought about getting a new AppleTV for it. But I spend very little time sitting around watching TV, so I'll stick with the ATV4 for awhile.

Looks like we may have something else in common sitting around the house. :)

View attachment 2319214
Definitely!

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
So I picked up the current generation Apple TV over Thanksgiving weekend from the Apple Store. I set it up today and now have three Apple TVs in my house (three tvs and three Apple TVs). Then I noticed how many obsolete Apple TVs I have (also three). I have more Apple TVs than any other Apple product. Any other Apple TV nerds out there?
I have a couple of Apple TVs lying around, plus the older ones in school which I use as airplay mirroring devices for my iPads in the classroom. :)

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
We have 3 TV's connected to TiVo/Minis but since we cut the cord we use 3 ATVs for streaming/channels OTA/dvr viewing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.