Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bubble99

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
I came across article today showing US cities where people wear the most sweatpants. It is interesting the south did not make list or the west coast cities other than Los Angeles.

The most comfortable cities who wear the most sweatpants.

Here’s the top 20 in full:

1. Philadelphia, PA
  2. Hartford, CT
  3. Pittsburgh, PA
  4. Lafayette, LA
  5. Laredo, TX
  6. Boston, MA
  7. New York, NY
  8. Los Angeles, CA
  9. Victoria, TX
  10. Scranton, PA
  11. Salt Lake City, UT
  12. Marquette, MI
  13. Milwaukee, WI
  14. Washington, DC
  15. Austin, TX
  16. Watertown, MA
  17. Jacksonville, FL
  18. Idaho Falls, ID
  19. Providence, RI
  20. Chicago, IL

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
mmh, elsewhere one would look at gross domestic product per capita, social support, healthy life expectancy, freedom to make your own life choices, generosity of the general population, and perceptions of internal and external corruption levels. But well, sweatpants it is. 😂

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
When I was a teenager in high school (1985-1989) I used to wear sweat pants out. It was a thing up until the very early 90s.

Then I got a job, which meant I got paid, which mean having to start carrying around stuff like a wallet and keys and other important things. And all of a sudden, sweat pants were insufficient for all of that. If they had pockets at all, your stuff would drag them down.

So, I got in the habit of putting on real pants or shorts with a belt - because your sweat pants almost dropping down in public is embarassing.

@Bubble99 You have another thread about pajamas in public. I'm starting to wonder if pajamas or sweats are your regular style of dress.

Bubble99

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
It is funny those cities above where people wear sweatpants are the most fit cities. Well because the fattest cities did not make list.

The fattest and obese cities did not make list.

The ten fattest cities in America are:

1. McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, TX
  2. Shreveport-Bossier City, LA
  3. Memphis, TN-MS-AR
  4. Jackson, MS
  5. Mobile, AL
  6. Tulsa, OK
  7. Knoxville, TN
  8. Toledo, OH
  9. Baton Rouge, LA
  10. Augusta-Richmond County, GA-SC

It seems the most fit cities people like to wear sweatpants. And fattest and obese cities people don’t like wearing sweatpant.

I wonder if people wearing sweatpants in those cities go to gym and go for walk every day where those other cities people don’t do that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.