Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
A mini purchased from Australia that will be used in Europe what issue might be needed to take care of?

mcscot

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
Will work unchanged, though (stating the obvious) you'll need to get a new mains power cable (or adapter) for the UK - these are available very easily - Amazon is your best bet from a cost perspective.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
By adapter u mean the Apple duckhead adapter?
Can a mini owner confirm if the Mini's power cable has a changeable duckhead adapter?

Duckhead-Adapters-LR.jpg

njvm

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2018
I bought a 2018 Intel Mac Mini in Australia - used it in Canada whilst I was working over there and also in Ireland - each time I just bought a new Figure 8 power cable with the appropriate plug (refer Australian version below).

Reactions: zoran

mcscot

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
Sorry for my sloppy language. By adapter I mean a something that converts the Australian Physical Plug to a UK Plug as they are different. Something like this from Amazon. I personally would go with the Figure 8 cable as recommended above as that's a more robust solution as cables often fall out of adapters.

Reactions: zoran
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.