Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
Dear friends, i have a question about interior design of trackpad/touchpad of m1 pro 2021

As you can see in the link (video) below, the trackpad consists of multiple layers. There is glass surface on top, under the glass touch surface there is a black layer which contains , pressure receptors, chipset and taptic engine. And there are metal strip plates with screw holes which is used to fix the whole trackpad to the aliminum unbody of laptop.

My question is: How the glass touch surface and black layer (containing receptors, chipset and taptic engine) is fastened or attached each other? with other screws which can not be noticed from outside or with some adhesives?

Is there any possiblity about damaging the bound and disjoint these 2 layers with mistake by holding the fingers with high pressure on the surface and pull the finger from left to right or right to left (horizontal axis).

I could not identify the mechanism with inspection on videos and oem part links

If some experts solve the problem, i will be really very thankful.

Kind regards.

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
Dear friends I would like to ask about the strength of macbook pro 2021 trackpad...

As I noticed in the video below, the glass layer on the top and the sensor layer (black) of the magic trackpad2 are attached each other with a special capasitive glue/adhesive. Is this technique same on all touchpads in macbook pros including 2021 models?

If a person press the finger with pressure and moves the finger horizontaly (ex:left to right), is it possible to seperate or damage these layers and effect the sensitivity of sensor layer?

Thanks for replies.

Kind regards...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.