Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t2jd1967

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2021
So much #1. Add in what apps are in use (looking at some of the known hogs like Facebook, WhatsApp) and wifi vs cellular usage, the "I don't use the phone that much" is probably a bit of fib.

When I retired my 2020 SE, it was at 88%, 992 cycles, after three years. Replacement 13 Mini is still at 100% after five months and about 110 cycles. Even with "small" batteries, have had good life. 5W charging primarily and using them as iPods that can make phone calls and a few other things occasionally during the week. And averaging only about 1.4GB/mo of cellular.

Started to feel that way with the X. Felt I "overpaid" for the Mini but had no options for small, basic, and FaceID enabled phone.
Well I found the 11 Pro Max 256MB that I bought in the first month after launch about the limit for what I would pay for a phone. I have been very happy with it, but the battery life has degraded significantly. Other than that I can't fault the phone. Unfortunately Apple has subsequently raised the prices even further.

Edit: spelling.

mlody

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 8.29.41 AM.png

My wife's iPhone 12 Pro according to coconut shows 87% health at 1099 cycles which is ridiculously wrong. Apple's diagnostic tools put this phone at 80%. We have Apple Care+ for it, so this is a very frustrating situation as the phone's battery has been shot for good half a year, but because the % keeps dropping very slowly, we are forced to deal with lousy battery performance as it ages. Apple should employee some wiggle room and common sense as clearly the battery is worn out after 1099 cycles. the day it drops to 79% we will be making a case to get this replaced under AC+.

Reactions: Allahu Akbar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.