Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pkson

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2010
Hi. Here's a thought I just had on the iWatch.

How about if the iWatch is like a remote access device for the iPhone?

Like this:

* Jogging - you leave your iPhone at home, and you go out jogging with just the watch. Your health data will be sent to the phone, whatever, and everything you need is accessible on your phone later.

* At home - you leave your iPhone charged and go about your business at home regardless. Anything you need will be accessible on your watch.

* At work - same as above...

and so on.

What if the SIM card is either duplicated or paired with the iPhone, so you can "talk" with your iPhone without being tethered via BT. (Not too sure/confident on how this will work, but I'm sure there's a possible method?)

You can remotely use your iPhone, and even maybe go far away but will still be able to access your phone. (fingerprint, voice..?) the phone will be the hub.

I have an LG Optimus G Pro along with my iP5, and the LG has a feature that allows me to check missed calls and stuff remotely. I send the phone a text message with a passcode (or something), and if the phone's remote service app thingy acknowledges it it will reply with what messages I got and what phone calls I've missed. I've never used it because it's too much of a hassle to actually use, but I've wished it worked well enough to be a prominent feature.

So maybe the iWatch knows when it leaves the proximity of the phone and will go into remote access mode automatically, and everything is locked on the phone.

How does that sound? I feel it's a much more viable usage scenario than having your phone in the pocket and getting notifications on your wrist... Just thought that this might make more sense.

What do you guys think?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.