Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pallit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
Hi, I found an open alternative to the closed-source amstracker (used to read output from the motion sensor built into recent powerbooks and now iBooks) today. It's a terminal app by a guy named Christian Klein and available here: http://untergrund.bewaff.net/~chris/motion.tar.gz (downloads source and makefile) It does exactly the same thing as amstracker. Now, one of the big problems with amstracker is that it doesn't work on the new ams enabled iBooks. I have a widget that turns your powerbook into a carpenters level and have been hearing from a number of iBook owners with crooked fences. I know a bit about programming but not enough for this kind of stuff. However, I think the problem might be in the line that's commented "index to kernel function". He's got it set to 24 but I would think that there would be a way to set this dynamically based on the hardware. So if this is the problem, perhaps the iBooks use a different "index to kernel function" than powerbooks. I don't know, I'm hoping someone here can grab this and fix it.

Pall

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.