Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carefreecfc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2022
Hello everyone, I just purchased an iPhone 13 from the Apple store and opened it for the first time today. In Settings > Privacy > Analytics and Improvements -I can see an analytics log file from March 2022. Is it normal to have an analytics file created before I purchased the device? Maybe it was tested during manufacturing? Just nervous it may have been a return/resold device. Everything otherwise matches up, the IMEI, Serial, warranty starts today on the Apple website etc. Can you guys check your log files to see if the earliest file preceded your purchase?

Spetsgruppa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2021
Hello everyone, I just purchased an iPhone 13 from the Apple store and opened it for the first time today. In Settings > Privacy > Analytics and Improvements -I can see an analytics log file from March 2022. Is it normal to have an analytics file created before I purchased the device? Maybe it was tested during manufacturing? Just nervous it may have been a return/resold device. Everything otherwise matches up, the IMEI, Serial, warranty starts today on the Apple website etc. Can you guys check your log files to see if the earliest file preceded your purchase?
If imei, serial and warranty starts on the day you bought it then its brand new. Its the easiest way to check if its brand new or a returned phone.

Reactions: carefreecfc

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
All new phones inside box even before purchasing will have the analytic logs which usually comes from manufacturing. It's nothing unusual. Relax and enjoy.

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
Some people wouldnt mind paying brand new price for a repacked phone but some mind.
Come on. He was speaking about buying in Apple store not from some unknown dealer.

In Apple repacking and selling as new would be digging their own grave. No way.

They have the refurbished store for selling used phones. And even this phones get a new house and battery.

I don’t know which seller u wanna trust in life if not apple.

Spetsgruppa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2021
Come on. He was speaking about buying in Apple store not from some unknown dealer.

In Apple repacking and selling as new would be digging their own grave. No way.

They have the refurbished store for selling used phones. And even this phones get a new house and battery.

I don’t know which seller u wanna trust in life if not apple.
In Indonesia its all shady... There isnt any "authentic" Apple store here. There's only Malaysia/Singapore imported iPhone but slapped with the "official" manual.

carefreecfc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2022
Thank you all for the various responses. It's reassuring to know that it's likely normal. For those that believe it is normal or from manufacturing, have you seen similar findings on your phones (analytics files that pre-date your purchase)?

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Thank you all for the various responses. It's reassuring to know that it's likely normal. For those that believe it is normal or from manufacturing, have you seen similar findings on your phones (analytics files that pre-date your purchase)?
Do not over think this. No one looks at these files cause it causes what you are experiencing, unfounded paranoia. We don't believe, we know it's from manufacturing as Apple has QC procedures before releasing an iPhone to shipment. That is something all companies do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.