Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
Same experience here. Earlier they felt similar to my max. Now i have many occasions where I’ll try to turn on ANC and realize it’s already on

bigshot

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2021
Same experience here. Earlier they felt similar to my max. Now i have many occasions where I’ll try to turn on ANC and realize it’s already on
Have you tried cleaning the ANC microphone?

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
Have you tried cleaning the ANC microphone?
Yes but nothing kills sound as good as a fresh pair of AirPods Pro. They are not really user cleanable. It’s a disposable product which will get worse the longer the use it. Fact

bigshot

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2021
Electronic things generally die pretty suddenly. If it's gradual, that points more to a buildup of dirt. My APPs haven't degraded at all. But I only use them a few times a week. If you're using yours every day for hours, it may just be time to get a new set.

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
Electronic things generally die pretty suddenly. If it's gradual, that points more to a buildup of dirt. My APPs haven't degraded at all. But I only use them a few times a week. If you're using yours every day for hours, it may just be time to get a new set.
I got a new set shortly before I got the max this March. They have been barely used but the ANC has for sure degraded. These are the ones with the new grill design. I am aware it’s the dirt or skin dust causing ANC degradation, which isn’t user cleanable

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.