Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cormier6083

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Louisiana
Thats right. I am a PC wannabee Mac user :p But for now I will just have to manipulate dxtheme.dll. What I really want to know is if anyone has a .wav file of the Apple statup chime? I want to put it on my PC. Thanks for your help!

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
The application Mactracker has all the startup chimes that have ever been used. Looks like there's a Windows version. You should be able to extract the sound resources from it.

Or else if you get the Mac version, once extracted from the DMG (if you can do that) it should show up on Windows as a regular folder and you can navigate to /Mactracker.app/Contents/Resources/Chimes which contains a bunch of m4a files, which could then be converted to WAV or something.

Make a donation while you're at it as thanks for collecting all those startup and death chimes, dunno how they did it. :)

scottlinux

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
I think it used to be a second inversion F# major triad. Not sure if it still is. I disable it on my machines. Annoying, esp with a laptop in class.

e-clipse

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2006
Nashville,TN
scottlinux said:
I think it used to be a second inversion F# major triad. Not sure if it still is. I disable it on my machines. Annoying, esp with a laptop in class.

We talked all about root, 1st inversion, and 2nd inversion today in music theory.

scottlinux

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
A perfect time to be bringing your laptop out of sleep rather than booting up.

Yes, that's the normal reply I was expecting. I'd rather not have to worry about if my laptop is shutdown or in sleep. Silent whenever I open it up is good for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.