Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robertcoogan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
Joshua Tree, California
Ok, since I am participating in the beta testing the second time around, I wanted to speak very positively about one feature which I have only heard mentioned once, and never again:

The desktop picture of the huge dune changes according to what time of day it is. During the day it is sunny and cloudless. At dawn and at dusk it is darker, but there is still some light. At night, the same giant sand dune, but it is very dark, and there are stars. SO COOL!

I have had many problems with the beta. But this is one feature that has worked without flaw.

Aaaaand. Now iMessage, FaceTime, Mail, and Photos are all down. Hard. But I have a really cool desktop picture feature! (That is NOT sarcasm.)

:)

Reactions: CLS727

lungbutter

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2014
Ok, since I am participating in the beta testing the second time around, I wanted to speak very positively about one feature which I have only heard mentioned once, and never again:

The desktop picture of the huge dune changes according to what time of day it is. During the day it is sunny and cloudless. At dawn and at dusk it is darker, but there is still some light. At night, the same giant sand dune, but it is very dark, and there are stars. SO COOL!

I have had many problems with the beta. But this is one feature that has worked without flaw.

Aaaaand. Now iMessage, FaceTime, Mail, and Photos are all down. Hard. But I have a really cool desktop picture feature! (That is NOT sarcasm.)

:)
I too dig it. It's the small details some people notice. Love it.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Dynamic Desktop has been talked about quite a bit... there's just not a whole lot on the subject to keep bringing it up. We know what it is, we know what the file format is. We just don't have any easy way of creating them just yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.