Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Maybe I am in the wrong section but my friend recently got a new android phone, Samsung s10e, and wondering how to have a text alert stay on the screen or have a light on the phone like her previous Samsung phone please?

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Maybe I am in the wrong section but my friend recently got a new android phone, Samsung s10e, and wondering how to have a text alert stay on the screen or have a light on the phone like her previous Samsung phone please?

On Samsung's version of Pie, called One UI, notifications on the lockscreen stay minimized. You can change it to go back to the normal way of showing full notifications by going to "Settings -> Lock Screen -> Notifications (tap the word notifications) -> View Style = Detailed. Also turn off "hide content".

As others have mentioned, turn on Always On Display as well. Settings -> Lock Screen -> Always on display

There's no notification light on the 10 series of phones like previous samsung phones

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
On Samsung's version of Pie, called One UI, notifications on the lockscreen stay minimized. You can change it to go back to the normal way of showing full notifications by going to "Settings -> Lock Screen -> Notifications (tap the word notifications) -> View Style = Detailed. Also turn off "hide content".

As others have mentioned, turn on Always On Display as well. Settings -> Lock Screen -> Always on display

There's no notification light on the 10 series of phones like previous samsung phones
Always on display there is choice of 'Display Mode' you can choose "Tap to show" to save battery power. Just touch screen it will show the display. It is your choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.