Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
I like that the new hangouts is a lot faster than before.

Agreed. I just miss a few things. No more green dialogue boxes for Hangout chats? I liked seeing and knowing the difference in SMS vs Hangouts at a quick glance. It's no biggie losing it, but I miss it.

I also think the icons don't deserve their own row. Takes up too much room. Imagine the Hangouts/SMS icon on the left, then a pop out type menu (similar to how they had it before) on the right to send pictures, etc. That'd be neater, I think. And more importantly, I could see more of my chat.

Overall, good update still.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
I also wish that they didn't screw up with the automerge. I have a group of SMS messages from the person in one thread and Hangouts messages in another. I, also, can't merge them myself.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Do you have to flash the new app to get the update now ? My hangouts on my devices seems to be latest version when clearly it's not.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
I got the apk, but Google always does the staged rollouts. You'll get it eventually if you wait, but this is my SMS program and I wanted it now.

Reactions: MRU
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.