Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vhl71

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
I’ve been thinking about getting a pixel 2 again. When I had android before this, I’ve tried pretty much every email app in play store and nothing comes close to how well the iOS mail app works. Tried newton mail, Aqua, maildroid, outlook etc.
I need something that’s visually appealing with similar iOS mail features.

Anyone else feel the same??

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
I used to feel he same but gave outlook a serious try and now deleted the stock iOS mail app. Outlook is great imo. What didn’t you like about it?

t1328

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2017
I'm not sure what's so great about the default Apple mail client, but what type of mail is this, personal or work? If Exchange or Office 365 based, nothing Beats Nine Folders.

vhl71

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
I'm not sure what's so great about the default Apple mail client, but what type of mail is this, personal or work? If Exchange or Office 365 based, nothing Beats Nine Folders.

I’ve both personal and work. 4 mail accounts. Exchange, gmail and iCloud.

Combined inbox, any folder sync, iCloud and google contact sync without any additional app, easy unsubscribe option for marketing emails, overall layout and aesthetically pleasing look to name a few

I’ve tried outlook - it’s kinda ok. Still have occasional issues with attachments, sometimes stops receiving emails until I kill the app and restart.

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
I’ve been thinking about getting a pixel 2 again. When I had android before this, I’ve tried pretty much every email app in play store and nothing comes close to how well the iOS mail app works. Tried newton mail, Aqua, maildroid, outlook etc.
I need something that’s visually appealing with similar iOS mail features.

Anyone else feel the same??
I have to say the Samsung default email app is actually pretty good..probably better in features and UX than iOS Mail.

I wasn't expecting that coming from iOS.

t1328

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2017
I’ve both personal and work. 4 mail accounts. Exchange, gmail and iCloud.

Combined inbox, any folder sync, iCloud and google contact sync without any additional app, easy unsubscribe option for marketing emails, overall layout and aesthetically pleasing look to name a few

I’ve tried outlook - it’s kinda ok. Still have occasional issues with attachments, sometimes stops receiving emails until I kill the app and restart.
Unfortunately Nine Folders doesn't support either iCloud email or Gmail. It's superb for Exchange. I use it for that and for Hotmail/Outlook.com, but use the Gmail client for gmail. All of them feed into the Samsung Calendar and Contacts, or Google Calendar and Google Contacts, so it's only email that I have to use 2 clients for.

I did really enjoy the quick unsubscribe option in the iPhone stock email client, but found it was very lacking in other areas as compared to Nine, MS Outlook for iOS or the stock Gmail app.

I've been using both a Samsung S9+, and an iPhone X for about a week, and overall, I have to say that the differences in productivity, camera, screen quality, etc, are now so small, that I could be happy with either one. I'm debating whether to return the iPhone or keep it and sell the S9+. It's a very difficult decision. I'm traditionally an Android fan...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.