Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Do Android tablets significantly lack tablet enhanced apps compared to ipad?

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
For now at least, yes. On a small tablet like a Nexus 7 it doesn't matter that much but on something like a Nexus 10 it'll probably piss you off a bit more.

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Metro Vancouver, B.C, Canada
Too many app developers spend too little time making their app look good on a tablet. With the exception of high end games and the odd general app, I find that many app developers just stretch or zoom their app on tablets. My biggest peeve are app developers that do not make their app work in landscape. I have a Transformer tablet with a keybaord dock. Android tablets by default are meant to be used in landscape mode. Just look at the logo and notice that the logo is properly oriented when you hold the tablet in landscape. Apps that have no landscape mode get me so PO'd. My tablet when docked in the keyboard is in landscape. It's not like I can comfortably turn my tablet sideways in portrait mode and comfortably use the keyboard. I complained to the developer and they basically told me to use the mobile web site. Like WTF? This to me is a lazy cop out.

Google seems to know how to make a proper tablet app. App developers should take a look at Google+ and copy it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.