Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dblg8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2023
Hello everyone,
I'm a Google Pixel 8 owner, Pixel owner for the last 5+ years, and Android user since the beginning of time, but I've been toying around with the idea of switching to iPhone for over a year now. There is plenty to make me want to switch to experience the iPhone ecosystem but also a lot of frustrating things Apple does that make me happy to stay with Google.
Anyway, I've been looking at two phones specifically the last few days and I'm on the verge of taking the plunge. I'm looking at the 128GB 15 Pro in Natural Titanium or the 512GB 14 Pro in White. Only reason for the difference in GB is that's the only one available in the white 14 Pro. My current and past Pixels have been 128GB and I've only been using 63% of my storage. So 128 is plenty I would assume. Both would be the exact same price. $999
I'm not a gamer, don't connect my phone to any computers or TV's with cables, I always have a case so the sharper edges of the 14 Pro aren't an issue (or the fingerprints on the edges). I usually wirelessly charge my phones so the USB-C is nice on the 15P but not a deal breaker for the 14P. Buying one lightning cable to have laying around isn't the end of the world for me. Pictures are kind of fairly important. I'm not a pro and don't do manual settings, but I also want good looking pictures. Looks like 15 is better in some areas and 14 is better in others. Real world I probably won't notice a difference. The Pixels always take awesome pictures so I've been spoiled in the picture category. So long story short I'm just an average every day usage person; internet, texting (75% on WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger), Snapchat, Facebook, phone calls, occasional pictures, YouTube.
I've watched comparison videos and honestly it's made my decision harder. With reported overheating on the 15, which is supposedly fixed...but is it? People saying that with the rounded edges the 15 might be easier to crack the glass...but I use a case anyway. But the 15 is the "newest and greatest."
What should I do? 128GB 15 Pro in Natural Titanium or 512GB 14 Pro in White if they are both the exact same price? Not interested in a Max. I like smaller phones. Thanks for any input you have for me. Also feel free to mention something I didn't or ask questions.

Last edited:

xnview

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2013
I would definitely take the 15 pro, even if the sharp edges doesn’t bother you on the 14p, the 15p is lighter. If you don’t need the extra storage, I don’t really see why not buy the newest, most updated design and hardware wise

Reactions: kitKAC

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
15 pro 14 pro is a heavy dog of a phone for the size, battery won't be much better though unfortunately, the other downfall.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
In real world usage the difference between them is minimal. I would buy the 15Pro because trade in value will be better if you expect to trade-in in 1-2 years.

Reactions: Harthag
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.