Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Green Bean

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2010
Coastal SC
The money I had set aside for an iPad will clearly go for something else, and I will never buy a product tied to AT &T. By their own data base, they do not provide adequate bandwidth in either of the zip codes where I have homes, near Hilton Head SC and near Boone NC in the mountains. Neither of these are low impact zip:mad:s, the SC zip is in the top 100 econmic zips in the US, but they treat us like we are in the desert in NM. Further, they were just listed as 4th of 4 majors in customer satisfaction by JD Power. Sorry Steve, I wanted one, but I will clearly get something that is tied to Verizon, Sprint or T-Mobile. :mad::confused:

Green Bean

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It's unlocked, you don't have to go through AT&T...

/thread

If you are angry and disgusted about a goddamn Apple product not fitting your every dream then I want your life. If that is all I have to be angry and disgusted over ... well anyway. Spend your money on some other tablet then.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
That's why that hated iPad comes unlocked and you can use it with whatever carrier floats your boat.

AT&T just made a deal with Apple to provide a "cheap" data plan for that disgusting thing.

dave1812dave

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2009
/thread

If you are angry and disgusted about a goddamn Apple product not fitting your every dream then I want your life. If that is all I have to be angry and disgusted over ... well anyway. Spend your money on some other tablet then.

and you seem equally angry at the OP, so I think you just BLEW IT!

Etnies419

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
You're seriously disgusted at a tablet? Did the tablet murder your family? Kidnap and sell your children on the black market? It really amazes me how much some people hate the iPad just because they fed too much into the hype.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
and you seem equally angry at the OP, so I think you just BLEW IT!

It must suck to be so wrong. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit kiddo. ;) I'm not angry at the OP, I feel sorry for the kid who doesn't understand what "unlocked" means.

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
So OP went to all the trouble, creating a new account today, just to post this. Sheesh, the nut cases are coming out of the woodwork.

NeuralControl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2009
Are you exaggerating just a little bit by saying you are "disgusted" by the iPad? You're not forced to buy it. You are free to purchase whatever you like.
As was stated, you do not have to be tied down to AT&T. You'll be able to choose a different 3G provider. Or don't bother with the 3G model. Get the wifi model for $130 less.
Freedom of choice is a wonderful thing.

ugp

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2008
Inverness, Florida
I like the idea of the $30 AT&T plan. I like how I can activate and deactivate the service right on the device. Very handy. I would only need the net service on trips or times I want to browse the internet on a larger display.

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
Angy and Disgusted?

Did apple come to your house and kill your firstborn? What the heck is your problem?

Don't like it? You don't have to buy it.

al256

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2001
So OP went to all the trouble, creating a new account today, just to post this. Sheesh, the nut cases are coming out of the woodwork.

LOL. For some reason that made my day. I think with all 'disgust' and 'anger' generated by this tablet we could have a renewable energy source sooner than anticipated ;)

Etnies419

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
LOL. For some reason that made my day. I think with all 'disgust' and 'anger' generated by this tablet we could have a renewable energy source sooner than anticipated ;)

I for one would love to have my car fueled by rage. Makes road rage so much more enticing. :p

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Unlocked? LOLz. In the US, ATT is the only major 3G network it will run on. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.