Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
i feel i have to share my displesure with you... its been well over a month since i contributed my hard earned cash to macrumors after several emails and private messages (with no reply) i still havent recieved my demi god status and still can get onto the ad-less sites...

im very very dissapointed....

although i have always said i did it to help the site, but i should also get what was promised...

i feel hard dont by

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
shouldent this go into site feedback, not in general apple tech?

but anyway i see your point send a pm to rower cpu or another admin

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Nah, PM their box twice a day. Its not really spam if they're just not answering the PM of a financial contributor to the site. Its not like you're selling them stuff. I wouldn't care about the Demi-God status, but they sold you an ad-less version of MR, and they should have delivered. Hit'em hard. ;)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Message has been received - we're looking into it. If it makes you feel any better, you're not the only one. There might actually be a problem with the system.

Please be patient and we'll try and get this resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks,

D

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Macs R Us said:
I don't believ that happend! I was thinking about contributing money but not for a stautas just becuse of what they do. In had trubles too, I e-mailed about putting a ad for our site in many time and it took 3 weeks for a reply... HUM?

Maybe there were difficulties and delays due to the inability to decipher your spelling and grammar... just a thought... :p ;)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
AL-FAMOUS said:
Thanks for the support guys i was expecting flames lol....

and thanks mr a.

i will wait a bit and check back.....

thanks again
FWIW, I'm in the same boat. I assume that the membership will start when they add us, not when we paid.

And, like you, I did it to get access to private forums, etc. The whole "Demi-God" thing doesn't particularly appeal to me.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
jsw said:
FWIW, I'm in the same boat. I assume that the membership will start when they add us, not when we paid.

And, like you, I did it to get access to private forums, etc. The whole "Demi-God" thing doesn't particularly appeal to me.

Yah, I'd be in the same boat as you if I were ever to contribute - the status of Demi-God isn't a big deal for me. In fact, I'd prefer to keep my normal status so I can see my rankings continue to go up. Only 3 more years until I'm a G5 I'm predicting! ;) :cool:

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
~Shard~ said:
Yah, I'd be in the same boat as you if I were ever to contribute - the status of Demi-God isn't a big deal for me. In fact, I'd prefer to keep my normal status so I can see my rankings continue to go up. Only 3 more years until I'm a G5 I'm predicting! ;) :cool:
:)

Actually, it'd be nice to have the option of not getting the "Demi-God" status, or of having it displayed below your "CPU rank".

When I first joined, I was very confused as to what "Demi-God" meant. Took a while to sort that out....

SolidGun

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2004
Twin Cities
Where do you get information about becoming a donator/demi-god? I wouldn't mind getting into ad-free page or being called a somewhat lesser god.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
SolidGun said:
Where do you get information about becoming a donator/demi-god? I wouldn't mind getting into ad-free page or being called a somewhat lesser god.

You mean a semi-demi-God? Or perhaps quasi-demi-God might be more in your price range... ;)

You can check things out in the "About" section of MacRumors here or by e-mailing the necessary people using this address.

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado
SolidGun said:
How does one become a moderator then? I am curious because all moderators seems to have "demi-god" status as well.

that just means they paid the dues like the rest of the demi-gods.

and Mr. A's right - we're looking into the situation - if you'll hold on a bit for us. We'll make sure that the credit that's coming to you takes place, and it should begin when we flip the switch, not from the time you paid.

Sorry about all of this - should have it sorted out pretty soon.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
SolidGun said:
Sorry, but I am still interested as to where I can find information about becoming an admin someday.
You can't. If and admin is wanted, and the existing admins think you'll fit the role then you will be contacted. You can't buy your way in (well, maybe you can...).

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
jsw said:
The whole "Demi-God" thing doesn't particularly appeal to me.
Agreed. "Contributor" for the contributors is better, since it would cut out those references that might offend. wdlove emailed (or messaged by other means) arn about it, and he made an exception for wdlove, and granted him Contributor status for the same privileges.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
SolidGun said:
Sorry, but I am still interested as to where I can find information about becoming an admin someday.

Be careful when talking like that - Arn might take that as a threat and may ban you for treason. ;)

Patience my young lad - you barely have 100 posts under your belt! Give it a few more years... :cool:

SolidGun

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2004
Twin Cities
Sorry again...I meant becoming a moderator, not admin.....
I guess I could buy my way in.......................

So how does one get invited to become a moderator?

added: this isn't an immediate interest. I know that I only joined, but I am interested as to what I should do in the mean time to take that step towards being a moderator. (Maybe part owner someday ;) )

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
King Cobra said:
Agreed. "Contributor" for the contributors is better, since it would cut out those references that might offend. wdlove emailed (or messaged by other means) arn about it, and he made an exception for wdlove, and granted him Contributor status for the same privileges.
I think it'd be really cool if contributors were given the right to edit their own custom title, it's very easy to give this right in vb3. Go on Arn ;)

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
SolidGun said:
Sorry again...I meant becoming a moderator, not admin.....
I guess I could buy my way in.......................

So how does one get invited to become a moderator?
Situation is exactly the same as for admin. If you are wanted you will be asked, otherwise there's nothing you can do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.