Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

georgeram

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2023
I just bought the anker 737 powerbank and got it. I want to use this powerbank with my dell xps 15 9520 when there I need backup power such as power outage etc. Also to charge an iphone 13 mini as well sometimes. It came with less than 20% battery so I have to charge it. The thing is it only comes with 1 cable? This cable isn't a cable that you connect to it on one end and connect the other end to an outlet to charge it. How am I suppose to charge this to an outlet then to 100%? I read online people use a pd usb c charger or a magsafe charger? I don't have either of those. I need to buy another cable or power adapter in order to charge the anker 737? Could I use either my Apple 20W USB-C power adapter that I charge with an iphone 13 mini with this? I also have a very old 5W usb wall charger that I use to charge with old my iphone SE. Would the 20W work? But it charges slowly? I had no idea that this anker 737 didn't came with a charger to connect to an outlet. Seems ridiculous that when I read online people use a pd usb c charger or something similar and have to pay for another item to use with this anker 737?

I have the dell xps 15 9520 laptop and it charges usb-c and the dell charger is 130w. Can I use that or not? However, I read something about dell xps not allowing non dell charger or powerbanks to go over 100w when using it. However, can I use my dell xps 15 9520 usb c original charger for the laptop to charge this anker 737?

This anker 737 only came with one cable. The cable that is supplied in the box... that is meant to connect to your laptop that has a usb c port to charge right? Then how would I charge say an iphone 13 mini? What about an old iphone se? Also what about the other end of that one cable?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
That would be in the Quick Start Guide that came with the powerbank.
iPhones have not had USB-C ports until the current models. You would need a USB-C to Lightning cable for that.
There is a charger for the 737 PowerBank (or there should be... How else would you charge the battery in the powerbank. I would expect that came in the box with the powerbank. There should be a list of what is included in the box.
I did notice that there are a couple of different powerbanks that BOTH use that 737 designation. There's a PowerCore 24K, and also a PowerCore 26K for Laptop. Both are identified as Anker 737.
The 24K has a part number A1289
The other one (26K) has part number A1290. Maybe one of those does not come with a charger, and uses the charger adapter for your laptop, whichever it is.
I suppose if you need to connect more than the single cable that comes with the PowerBank, you will need to purchase the cable for whatever connections you need to make. Many cables list on the box if they can carry power, so you would want to check on the likely power draw, so you get a cable that will pass that much power.
Hope this info (some is my opinion) will guide you a little in getting the additional cables that you need, if any.

georgeram

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2023
That would be in the Quick Start Guide that came with the powerbank.
iPhones have not had USB-C ports until the current models. You would need a USB-C to Lightning cable for that.
There is a charger for the 737 PowerBank (or there should be... How else would you charge the battery in the powerbank. I would expect that came in the box with the powerbank. There should be a list of what is included in the box.
I did notice that there are a couple of different powerbanks that BOTH use that 737 designation. There's a PowerCore 24K, and also a PowerCore 26K for Laptop. Both are identified as Anker 737.
The 24K has a part number A1289
The other one (26K) has part number A1290. Maybe one of those does not come with a charger, and uses the charger adapter for your laptop, whichever it is.
I suppose if you need to connect more than the single cable that comes with the PowerBank, you will need to purchase the cable for whatever connections you need to make. Many cables list on the box if they can carry power, so you would want to check on the likely power draw, so you get a cable that will pass that much power.
Hope this info (some is my opinion) will guide you a little in getting the additional cables that you need, if any.

To charge my iphone 13 mini, I use the Apple 20W usb-c adapter with a charging cable with it. I believe this i the usb-c to lightning cable?

To charge my oid iphone SE, I use the wall charger 5w with a usb-a to lightning cable? Does that sound right?

To charge my dell xps 15 9520 laptop, I use the dell laptop charger that is usb-c and 130 watts.

The anker 737 I bought is 24000 mah. It comes with one cable. This cable I assume is what I would use when the anker 737 has power... to a laptop or phone etc correct?

But do I need to buy an anker usb-c adapter to charge this anker 737? That is my question here. Or can I use my iphone usb-c adapter or my dell laptop charger? What about that small wall charger that is 5W I assume with my older iphone SE?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Yes?
Why not use the charger that came with the powerbank?
Or, was that missing from the box when you opened it?
Something like in the picture on this page? -

georgeram

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2023
Yes?
Why not use the charger that came with the powerbank?
Or, was that missing from the box when you opened it?
Something like in the picture on this page? -
That isn't the anker 737 I bought. The one I bought is the 24000 mah

It does come with one cable but it isn't for plugging into a wall outlet. So which of the 3 chargers I have would work with this?

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
That isn't the anker 737 I bought. The one I bought is the 24000 mah

It does come with one cable but it isn't for plugging into a wall outlet. So which of the 3 chargers I have would work with this?
You can use any charger the cable fits in...all that will change is the speed at which the power bank charges. The laptop charger and the Apple 20W will both work. Laptop charger will charge the battery faster than the Apple one.

georgeram

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2023
You can use any charger the cable fits in...all that will change is the speed at which the power bank charges. The laptop charger and the Apple 20W will both work. Laptop charger will charge the battery faster than the Apple one.
This is 100% safe to use the dell laptop usb-c charger then correct? I tested the apple 20w and it did work but was very slow.

If the dell xps 15 9520 usb-c charger works, then why do so many people seem to buy those 100w anker chargers then? Also don't most people have laptops that have usb-c chargers these days? Why don't they use that instead of buying those anker chargers that are 140w or 100w or 65w? Is it because they don't want to carry a heavier charger?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.