Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NeXTLoop

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2003
I have the latest model, 12.9” iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard. My AirPods crapped out so I am using an Anker USBC to Lightning Audio Adapter to use my regular wired AirPods.

I’ve notice that, with nothing else running, there is noticeable difference in speed with the adapter plugged in or not. For example, changing threads in Signal has a second delay, enough that quickly switching back and for can’t keep up.

Unplug the adapter and the switch between threads is instantaneous and the interface keeps up no problem.

Any ideas what the issue is?

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I have the latest model, 12.9” iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard. My AirPods crapped out so I am using an Anker USBC to Lightning Audio Adapter to use my regular wired AirPods.

I’ve notice that, with nothing else running, there is noticeable difference in speed with the adapter plugged in or not. For example, changing threads in Signal has a second delay, enough that quickly switching back and for can’t keep up.

Unplug the adapter and the switch between threads is instantaneous and the interface keeps up no problem.

Any ideas what the issue is?
The iPad Pro is throttling performance of Signal so it can adequately power the EarPods? What are you listening to with the EarPods on? Anything heavy?

NeXTLoop

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2003
The iPad Pro is throttling performance of Signal so it can adequately power the EarPods? What are you listening to with the EarPods on? Anything heavy?
That’s the weird thing, nothing. Just had them in from where I had been playing a game. But nothing at the moment. I’ve done more testing, and I’m beginning to think the issue is the iPad version of Signal. I think it may have some big performance issues compared to the iPhone version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.