Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

strongPanda

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2022
Anker’s 120W GaN Charger Disappoints with Type-A Port
Hey everyone,
I did not purchase the 120W USB-C Charger, Anker 737 Charger (GaNPrime), and 3-Port from Anker, because I was disappointed to find out that it has a Type-A port instead of a 3 Type-C port.
If you want to learn more about this product, you can find it at this link: https://www.anker.com/us/products/a2148
Thanks!

SpecMode

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
NorCal
I mean, if you really want an Anker GaN charger with three USB-C ports, they've got one (and it also has an additional 30W of charging capacity to boot). The model you linked to seems perfectly fine for anyone who still needs a USB-A port for devices that don't support the USB Power Delivery standard (which is, uh, most of them).

Aragornii

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
I find it really annoying that all the Anker multi-port chargers have type A ports. I won't buy one, I have no use for a type A charger. I actually did buy one of their chargers a couple of years ago that had two type-C ports, but it doesn't look like they make it anymore.

SpecMode

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
NorCal
I find it really annoying that all the Anker multi-port chargers have type A ports. I won't buy one, I have no use for a type A charger. I actually did buy one of their chargers a couple of years ago that had two type-C ports, but it doesn't look like they make it anymore.
They've got three currently available multi-port charger models that have 2 or 3 USB-C ports — 521, 726, and 747. (There's also the 324, but that currently shows up as sold out.)

That said, I'm a big fan of the HyperJuice 245W GaN charger — 4 USB-C ports that all support up to 100W (though only up to the 245W total capacity, obviously).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.