Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aggamemnon

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2005
Bath
I use cedega on Linux, and subscribe to the newsletter from Transgaming. The first item was:

EA Games Available Soon At An Apple Store Near You

You have probably heard the news that TransGaming and EA have been working together to get some of the hottest games out there in the hands of Mac users. Now the wait is over. We are very pleased to announce that four hit titles are making their way into Apple stores across North America. Soon, Mac users will be able to join the throngs of gamers already playing Battlefield 2142, Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Need for Speed: Carbon. Don't forget that shortly after the release of these games will come Tiger Woods 08 and Madden NFL 08. With the recent unveiling of new iMacs and a slew of new triple-A titles, it really has never been better to be a Mac gamer.

Aggamemnon

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2005
Bath
The only interesting facet is that this was in their current newsletter so they are still pushing it.

Just a shame that it is late :(

lag1090

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2007
NJ
Yesterday, I received a letter from EA's PR team regarding the release date for their Cider-based games. For some background, I operate my Mac-related review site over at MacBrilliance.com, and I requested that EA send me review copies of the new games.

The email I received is as follows:
Hi Louis, Sorry that it has taken me until today to get back to you,
thanks for your patience.

Good news - EA's Battlefield 2142, Need for Speed Carbon, Harry Potter
and the Order of the Phoenix and Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars for
Mac OSX have shipped and will be in stores soon. We will add you to the
review list that is going out in the next few days. Please send me your
mailing address.

Madden NFL 08 and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08 are shipping in the
September/October timeframe. This is a huge leap compared with past
launches. We've shorted the gap between the Mac launch and other
platforms to just a few weeks. Over time, as EA gains experience in
completing and shipping Mac games, the gap will narrow. As those games
become ready for review, we'll send those to you as well

EA is very passionate about Mac. We see the Mac as a dynamic platform.
We are very excited to get these games in the hands of Mac users.

Thanks
Trudy

So to summarize, most of the game are "coming soon," while NFL and PGA Tour 08 are both coming in a month or so. Looks promising!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.