Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
I wonder when an announcement will be made of the release of a new iPhone aor whether iOS8 is going to be a release instead of a new iPhone?

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
every iphone release was preceded by the announcement of the new os by about three months. we'll likely see a new announcement in the fall.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
Thanks

I thought that would be these thats why I wasn't sure if they were only going to release IOS 8 this ear but i there is an announcement delivered in he fall then I bet it won't be until 2015 that there will be a release of a new iPhone :confused:

Mengels7

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
I thought that would be these thats why I wasn't sure if they were only going to release IOS 8 this ear but i there is an announcement delivered in he fall then I bet it won't be until 2015 that there will be a release of a new iPhone :confused:

They announce the device every Fall since the iPhone 4S and it's available a couple weeks later. Nothing new here.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
There's nothing new here, iPhones haven't been announced during WWDC for at least the past few years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.