Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Haemoglobin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Device: 2nd Gen IPad Mini

I have a grey Google Docs icon with a circle and a cross through the it. I understand this means it failed to installed. When I click on it, it just says "waiting". I've tried various methods to remove it, long press on icon and then tapping the X. Do I want to delete? Yes. Then nothing still there. I've gone in to settings, storage and the darn app does not appear in the list of installed apps.

I can't seem to get rid of it and I've also tried restarting the iPad twice, hoping it would sod off. But no such luck, HELP PLEASE!!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Device: 2nd Gen IPad Mini

I have a grey Google Docs icon with a circle and a cross through the it. I understand this means it failed to installed. When I click on it, it just says "waiting". I've tried various methods to remove it, long press on icon and then tapping the X. Do I want to delete? Yes. Then nothing still there. I've gone in to settings, storage and the darn app does not appear in the list of installed apps.

I can't seem to get rid of it and I've also tried restarting the iPad twice, hoping it would sod off. But no such luck, HELP PLEASE!!
Any chance you can post a screenshot of it? The icon itself doesn’t sound all that typical.

Haemoglobin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Here you go :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 265

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Have you tried installing Google Docs and then deleting it after it finishes installing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.