Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwflutterby

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
I have to use OpenVPN (app) to connect to my work VPN. Since upgrading to iOS 11 I’ve been having an issue trying to enter my password. I tap into the password field and the keyboard pops up with the top row set to show me saved passwords. We use our standard password plus an authentication code that resets every 30 seconds so I can’t save the password even if I wanted to so I just start typing my password. After I type the first character iOS realizes I’m not going to use a saved password so it looks like it attempts to hide that top row however it not only hides the top section, it shifts the whole keyboard down a row too making the whole bottom row of keys inaccessible. This means I can’t get to the key to switch to the numbers to type in my authentication code... The only thing that saves me is the new drag down feature but it is slow (or I am slow at it LOL) so trying to get it entered correctly before the code expires is a PITA... Is anyone else having this problem? I’m thinking it is an iOS 11 bug rather than an app issue but I’m not sure. I tried searching the Apple support forums but didn’t see this issue there and every time I try to chat with Apple support I get an error

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.