Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

africancat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2018
Hi,

I don't know if this is the right forum.

I get this annoying popups when i try charge my android phone using USB. There are as many as 20 pop ups in a row, and even after I disconnect they keep appearing. Anyone know how to disable this annoying pop ups?

I might have messed it up when I tried to disable the android File transfer.

Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 12.08.17.png

dwig

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2015
Key West FL
I might have messed it up when I tried to disable the android File transfer.
It sounds like it.

I wouldn't attempt to "disable" the ATF. Instead, I would completely remove it, all components. I suggest reinstalling, uninstalling and then rebooting and checking Activity monitor to confirm that you can't find any related pieces running.

If that doesn't fix it, I would suggest getting either a pure "charge only" USB cable or one of the prophylactic USB dongles. A charge-only USB cable omits the two data lines. The dongles also omit the data line connections on the host (male) side and sometimes provide some short or resistance across the data lines on the client (female) side to help trigger the device's charging. Either are good to have when traveling and having to use unknown USB connections for charging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.