Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Richard8655

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago suburbs
Recently moved from iPadOS 14 to 16, and seeing this. Is there no way to stop the most recent open windows from appearing in a series at the bottom of the screen in Safari and Mail? I know tapping anywhere on the screen will cause them to disappear, but to me awfully annoying.

Apple in it's zeal to improve functionality is actually being intrusive and irritating (to me, anyway). At least provide a setting to disable this unwanted feature!

bradbomb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
I mean do you use those recent windows? If not, you can close them and if that app only has one open window, that does not show up at the bottom.

Richard8655

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago suburbs
I mean do you use those recent windows? If not, you can close them and if that app only has one open window, that does not show up at the bottom.
I don't use or need them once finished. By not closing them when finished, they'll reappear as mentioned? It also happens in the Mail app. In 14 before this new feature, you weren't forced to close them and be reminded of them as appears to be now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.