Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steveLONDON

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
UK
On my Macbook Pro I have a set of episodes from a podcast that is no longer updating. I am 'Subscribed' but the show is cancelled and i just have the episodes saved so I can relisten to them.

All the episodes are available and play fine on the MacBook Pro via iTunes.

I regularly sync my iPod Touch to iTunes on the Macbook Pro, and this includes the podcast series in question.

When I open the Podcasts app, and go to this podcast, most episodes (but not all of them) come up as offline and require a download. For ages I couldn't figure out what was going on but then I found that when I scroll right down to the end of episodes list there is a further menu, one of the options is 'Episodes synced from itunes'

Now why would you have this a separate category anyway? Surely anyone would want 'Episodes synced from iTunes' straight away? Why would it be hidden like this as if it was an obscure choice?

Anyway, I *can* play any episode once I navigate to this sub-menu, but once I reach the end of an episode, the iPod goes back to the main list, with all the offline episodes, again. Which means playback stops with an 'you are not online' message because it wants to download the next episode.

It 'forgets' that I navigated to that 'synced from iTunes' submenu so I have to do it all again. And when there are a lot of episodes in the list this becomes quite a pain to do every time.

My question is, is there a setting or preference I have missed somewhere that would enable the saved, synced podcast episodes to just immediately be seen? Why is the iPod permanently seing these saved podcasts as offline when they are in fact right there?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.