Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Heyes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2020
I'm having problems adding music to my aging (iOS 9.3.5) iPad from my iMac (10.15.4).

Whether I select 'manually manage' or 'sync music [to a selected playlist]' nothing will add.

Additionally, after deleting all music... when internet-connected it seems to reload stuff without my input - from an iCloud backup [I don't know]?

I've tried deletes (music and backups), resets, etcetera, etcetera.

Over many years I've often had problems reliably adding music - though worse since Music replaced iTunes.

I can use third-party apps to add, but prefer not to because I want to use the 'reduce bitrate' feature of Music to save space. And, even when using third party apps, the previously mentioned issue of 'reload stuff without my input' remains.

I'll happily admit to nowadays being less-savvy than I was, hence this poorly explained post.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I'm having problems adding music to my aging (iOS 9.3.5) iPad from my iMac (10.15.4).

Whether I select 'manually manage' or 'sync music [to a selected playlist]' nothing will add.

Additionally, after deleting all music... when internet-connected it seems to reload stuff without my input - from an iCloud backup [I don't know]?

I've tried deletes (music and backups), resets, etcetera, etcetera.

Over many years I've often had problems reliably adding music - though worse since Music replaced iTunes.

I can use third-party apps to add, but prefer not to because I want to use the 'reduce bitrate' feature of Music to save space. And, even when using third party apps, the previously mentioned issue of 'reload stuff without my input' remains.

I'll happily admit to nowadays being less-savvy than I was, hence this poorly explained post.
I think the iPad might be too old. Have you tried transferring the music to an older computer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.