Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sapiens

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2005
Hello all. Welcome me to your world!! I finally made the switch after many many years, receiving my new 2.0ghz pm a few days ago.

You ask: How excited am I to have a new computer?

My last machine (the one I'm typing on right now, actually) was a pentium II win 95 with a 4gb hard drive!! Woo hoo! :eek:

Anyway, I have ram, software, and dsl coming in the mail--the only problem is that I'm still using my decade old monitor. I'm already sold on the dell 2405, since I'm looking more for value over style at the moment, and I know that they have 25% coupons every week or so.
My question is how often has dell issued the 35% big daddy? I've been watching the boards for over a month, and I'm wondering how much longer I might have to wait. Or should I just shrug off the potential $130 savings?

I've searched a lot but couldn't find an answer to this specific question.
Any help is appreciated, and I look forward to being a part of the apple community!! :D

Sapiens

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Sorry, I've got no idea about when/if Dell will slash their monitor prices or give discounts. However, welcome to MacRumors all the same. That's an awesome upgrade you're getting, you really need a great monitor to cap it all off ASAP.

Once it's all set up, feel free to post pictures. :)

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Dell will probably start having their crazy sales near the end of the quarter which is November I believe. So, we should start seeing some good deals pop up in about a months time.

Euan

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2005
UK
Welcome and hope you enjoy your new computer.... you just need the monitor to cap it all off ;)

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
Welcome, welcome. *Sprinkles sparkles and confetti everywhere*

I'm sure dell will have a sale soon, in the meantime look on ebay, save more money, etc.

Sapiens

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2005
Thanks for all the replies and the warm welcome.

Soooo, Novemberish, eh?

On one hand you can say that I've waited 10 years for a new monitor, what's another month or so?
On the other hand, you could say I've waited 10 $%@#in years!!!
I'll probably just go with the current coupon--it's still a great deal IMO. :cool:

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
I would call Dell by phone either education, small business or corporate and
lean on them for the best real price.

Just tell them that you've done your shopping here and at numerous web sites
and you know what it should cost.

You may end up doing better this way than using a coupon online.

They CAN sell it for <$800-$850 shipped!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.