Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zepharus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
So I take my macbook pro in for an audio issue that was supposed to be fixed (Speaker was replaced) Audio static and popping from the new speaker. So they decide it needs to go to TX for a logic board replacement.

I say to the "Genius" hey while its down there can you have them apply the right amount of thermal paste (as the thing runs like 62c on idle) and have them replace the screen (Samsung which has a cluster of about 4-5 pixels that look like an LCD leak that has not gotten worse since I bought it)

He says I will have them look at the paste but we cant do anything about the screen. I then asked why that was? Here is his reply.

That issue isnt bad enough for a replacement and even if it was, the Military gets first dibs on all the good LCD panels! I said what the hell does that have to do with the price of tea in China? You are telling me that the military literally buys the worlds supply of good LCD panels and the average consumer is left with subpar screens....he said Yes. L O L I gathered my stuff and left...

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
That issue isnt bad enough for a replacement and even if it was, the Military gets first dibs on all the good LCD panels! I said what the hell does that have to do with the price of tea in China? You are telling me that the military literally buys the worlds supply of good LCD panels and the average consumer is left with subpar screens....he said Yes. L O L I gathered my stuff and left...

I don't know about military usage and the like, but I can tell you that your screen wasn't fit for replacement. It fell within the "acceptable bounds" of any LCD.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
That is an odd remark. Perhaps he was just pulling your leg? :rolleyes:

Most definitely.

LCD manufacturers would sell to the highest bidder would they not?

The companies are probably not even based on the same continent. So I dont think the Govt. has anything to do with them not replacing your screen. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.