Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parisinvest

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 24, 2017
Paris
hi you all, I'd like to share another more expérience on saving bad flashed Nvidia or amd video card, I've tried on gtx 680 and r9 280x, it worked.
well when your video card is bad flashed, then with no boot nothing on screen on Mac or pc, but at least its fans turns, you can take it back to pc, (this is no way to or a trouble way to save it on Mac), some people can flashed it back or reflash it by using two video cards, some others can plug in one cable instead of two, but when you can't find the video card in system materiel liste, or can't be listed in flash software, so no way to flash right? you can try my way, it is simple: take your fans plate off, or disconnect the fans power connector, you will be able to start your pc with this card only, of course you need to plug in your video card power cable and your monitor (start mac too, but no way to redo the operation), then you will see your card in the system materiel list and your flash software, then redo the flash, shut down the pc, reconnect the fans power cable or put back the fans plate, restart your computer with it, dala... you should see your card works just like before. to whom need this, enjoy your self.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.