Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
I searched for the answer to this question but I couldn't find an answer (went through 2 pages and gave up).

I just got my imac and the mouse is driving me nuts. no it isn't the buttons. i fixed that already. turned off the sides buttons and made it right click for me. but there are times when I am using it and all of a sudden it will go to the bottom left and I think the top right and left.

Is there anything that you can tell me about the cause and the solution for this?
Thank you ahead of time

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
I searched for the answer to this question but I couldn't find an answer (went through 2 pages and gave up).

I just got my imac and the mouse is driving me nuts. no it isn't the buttons. i fixed that already. turned off the sides buttons and made it right click for me. but there are times when I am using it and all of a sudden it will go to the bottom left and I think the top right and left.

Is there anything that you can tell me about the cause and the solution for this?
Thank you ahead of time

Have you tried to use a mouse pad?

ppnkg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
UK
You mean a mighty mouse obviously. Yes, it does that occasionally...but not as often as it seems to happen with your mac.

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
It seems to have slowed down a little bit. Is it because the mouse is touchy? Is there anything that I can do to stop this other than send the mouse back to apple or will it still continue?

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
If the side buttons require significantly less than a real squeeze to set them off, the mouse is probably "Rev.A" (or in any other manufacturer worth a damn's parlance, "stuff we would never release to consumers as it's not been tested or built properly"). Get it replaced. I had no end of problems until I said "this is stupid" and had the mice replaced. I still don't like the wired Mighty Mice but the ones I have now are MUCH better.

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
It seems like they required more than just a squeeze on the sides. Maybe it is because Iam not used to them. I really don't want to get another kind of mouse because this is easier on my hand than the conventional ones.
I don't get the pain from the MM like I do with the ones from work. It actually gives my hand a rest. If it keeps it up I may just have them replaced.
There isn't anything that i can do to it to fix the problem myself?
Maybe I will just call up the techs. Thank you for your help.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
I had very similar problems to yours: An almost accidental touch on the side buttons would activate them and the pointer was jumpy. As I said, I had the mice replaced and the current Mighty Mice do require a positive squeeze before the side buttons activate, and movement is better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.