Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Original poster
FYI
Another Mac sales scam site is in operation -- "mobileworld" except the URL is misspelled intentionally mobilewolrd. 'mobileworld' had already been blacklisted by Trust-e

They purport to be in New Zealand and ship free by FedEd 2nd day for 50% off Apple prices.

Neither the Trust-e nor the Verisign logos go to the proper verification pages, just to the home pages of those sites. Reported to both.

Domain record created last week

Registrant: Rivera, Jake
1536 3/4 Silver Lake Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026
US

Domain Name: MOBILEWOLRD-dot-COM

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :
Rivera, Jake
cancan100373-at-hotmail.com
1536 3/4 Silver Lake Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026
US
Phone: 3236635253

Record expires on 31-Oct-2006
Record created on 31-Oct-2005
Database last updated on 31-Oct-2005

note, I changed the -at- and -dot- myself to prevent links

dr427

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2005
Oklahoma City
Looks like another incarnation of the same or similar scammer:

http://www.mobileworld-inc.com/

None of the "certificates" at the bottom of the site are worth anything. They only bounce you back to the home page of the said site. i.e. Verisign.com.

Their contact says they are out of Panama City, Panama, but the Whois & IP trace go back to Emryville, CA. A Mr. John Cato.

DNSStuff.com found lots of stuff.

Bad Bad Bad, stay away from http://www.mobileworld-inc.com

They are blasting Google Ads right now. Just put in keyword Powerbook and they come up as one of the top sponsored links everytime.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
dr427 said:
Their contact says they are out of Panama City, Panama, but the Whois & IP trace go back to Emryville, CA. A Mr. John Cato.
Yeah, PO Box 99800 is for an anon DNS registration service, and most of the customers for that particular service seem to be seeking privacy for all the wrong reasons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.