Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
Hey all,

My friend who goes to IU called me up today for information on buying a mac. I explained to him that for what he wanted to do a 12" iBook would be more than enough power. He was really sold, however, when I let me in on the deal macmall is running right now.

They have $50 off all iBook ($100 off powerbooks and powermacs)
A Free 1GB stick of ram with $39.99 install charge
A Free All-In-One Espon Printer
And a Free Carrying case and sleeve

After rebate he would only pay $990 :eek: He then got really pumped and said he is going to place his order in the next few day haha. My work here has been done... and this from the guy who has been burned many times by Apple ;)

P.S. I just had my first very negative experience with Dell but that is for another time and another thread haha.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Welcome to the family! ;) If you have any questions at all, just ask them here on MacRumors - there are more than enough knowledgeable and friendly people here to help you out no matter what it is you may need. :cool:

heaven

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Always great to hear! Someday we ll get M$!!!!
chirol_krackr.gif

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
Good work!
I myself am about to help another friend return to the folds.
She used to use a Mac years ago I believe, and I've been re-educating her over the past few weeks. She i believe is now keen to buy a Powerbook!

Only dilemma for me is to decide whether to help her buy a refurb or new one!

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
~Shard~ said:
Welcome to the family! ;) If you have any questions at all, just ask them here on MacRumors - there are more than enough knowledgeable and friendly people here to help you out no matter what it is you may need. :cool:

did you even bother reading the opening post....hahaha

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
Yeah, just to clarify I have been using a mac for about two years now. It is my friend who switched to mac :) He just placed the order a few hours ago for his new 12" iBook.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Chrispy said:
Yeah, just to clarify I have been using a mac for about two years now. It is my friend who switched to mac :) He just placed the order a few hours ago for his new 12" iBook.

Ah, thanks for the clarification - that's what I get for speed reading... :eek: ;)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
DJY said:
Good work!
I myself am about to help another friend return to the folds.
She used to use a Mac years ago I believe, and I've been re-educating her over the past few weeks. She i believe is now keen to buy a Powerbook!

Only dilemma for me is to decide whether to help her buy a refurb or new one!

I hope that she will be successful with the purchase. The refurb is a good deal for those that want to save some money.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
maya said:
The creepy stench of a Cult welcome. :eek: ;) :p :D

Hope everyone is Happy with they Mac. :)

Cult... what Cult.... :rolleyes: haha
Now I just have to get my friend to register as a MR member ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.