Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
Does anyone know what you're supposed to do to have the view from a Today extension automatically switch to the dark appearance when necessary or what would prevent it from doing so?

It works just fine in the Widget Simulator where my widget switches just like it's supposed to between the two appearances which leads me to believe there's nothing needed to be changed in code. I've also had no issues with other views in my UI automatically adapting their appearance. But the widget in Notification Center prefers to permanently display itself in Vibrant Light instead.
[doublepost=1528658665][/doublepost]
edit:

lol, ok, figured it out. For the benefit of anyone else wondering:

You have to change the value for NSExtensionPointVersion in your extension's info.plist from 2.0 to 3.0

Last edited:

BookEmDanno

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2010
State of ~Aloha!~
Does anyone know what you're supposed to do to have the view from a Today extension automatically switch to the dark appearance when necessary or what would prevent it from doing so?

edit:

lol, ok, figured it out. For the benefit of anyone else wondering:

You have to change the value for NSExtensionPointVersion in your extension's info.plist from 2.0 to 3.0

Whose info.plist is the extension belong to, or rather can you give me the full path to the info.plist that I can edit?

~Mahalo!~

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
Whose info.plist is the extension belong to, or rather can you give me the full path to the info.plist that I can edit?
Not sure I understand the first part of your question. The path can depend. It might be easiest to edit the contents of your info.plist by selecting the extension target in your project and switching to the info view.

edit: Note that this is for your own Xcode projects only. It probably won't work to simply change the value in the plist of an extension of some other compiled app you're using.

BookEmDanno

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2010
State of ~Aloha!~
Not sure I understand the first part of your question. The path can depend. It might be easiest to edit the contents of your info.plist by selecting the extension target in your project and switching to the info view.

edit: Note that this is for your own Xcode projects only. It probably won't work to simply change the value in the plist of an extension of some other compiled app you're using.

Got it. I'm a developer and using Xcode but currently not developing any Mojave based apps.

Mahalo (thanks) for the response.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.