Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GCHASE1995

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2015
My uncles iPhone SE will basically show signal bars. But no carrier and no LTE for a long period of time. Where my aunt has the same phone. No issues. He’s restored and ten restored from backup. It’s been happening since September but has gotten worse lately. He took it to Verizon and they said take it to Apple. His warranty expired a month ago. Should he try and see if they’ll replace it anyways. Or is the issue in the backup

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Has he tried resetting network settings? What about taking the SIM out and putting it back in? Or perhaps getting a new SIM card?

Reactions: GCHASE1995

GCHASE1995

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2015
Has he tried resetting network settings? What about taking the SIM out and putting it back in? Or perhaps getting a new SIM card?

He’s done reset network settings. They tried a new SIM card at Verizon. I’m thinking the issue may be in the backup. Cause he restores from a backup when he restores

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
My uncles iPhone SE will basically show signal bars. But no carrier and no LTE for a long period of time. Where my aunt has the same phone. No issues. He’s restored and ten restored from backup. It’s been happening since September but has gotten worse lately. He took it to Verizon and they said take it to Apple. His warranty expired a month ago. Should he try and see if they’ll replace it anyways. Or is the issue in the backup

You restored and setting up as new? Try that. If that doesn’t fix it. Then yes, it might be a hardware issue which only Apple can fix.

GCHASE1995

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2015
You restored and setting up as new? Try that. If that doesn’t fix it. Then yes, it might be a hardware issue which only Apple can fix.

What’re the odds since his warranty expired last month that Apple will help easily?

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
What’re the odds since his warranty expired last month that Apple will help easily?

There’s no odd on this anymore. Apple has stopped being extra helpful towards customers because people like to take advantage. But sometimes a genuine hardware issue like this might get dealt with as a warranty repair. The problem is to actually be able to prove such issues at the Apple store.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
There’s no odd on this anymore. Apple has stopped being extra helpful towards customers because people like to take advantage. But sometimes a genuine hardware issue like this might get dealt with as a warranty repair. The problem is to actually be able to prove such issues at the Apple store.

This!

Some do not think that Apple has changed their policy, but there is no doubt they have got a bit more conservative with replacements. They are still better than most companies.

Reactions: akash.nu
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.