Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajrs84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
Hey, we just announced Antharion, an old-school turn-based RPG for Mac, PC, and iPad. Check out our Kickstarter page:

Antharion Kickstarter Page

crypt.png

Ari,
Antharion Team Leader
Orphic Software

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
Did you all the people who recently lost all their money they put into a kickstarter game. The game was going to be called Haunt, then it all went wrong and they went bust.

I vowed earliar this year I will NEVER EVER put anything into Kickstarter stuff.

----------

Did you all the people who recently lost all their money they put into a kickstarter game. The game was going to be called Haunt, then it all went wrong and they went bust.

I vowed earliar this year I will NEVER EVER put anything into Kickstarter stuff.

Why, because I put some into a game that was going to be released onto the App store and elsewhere, it has never happened, only version there is is a playable beta online.

Once your fingers have been burnt you wont fall for it again.

Renzatic

Suspended
Once your fingers have been burnt you wont fall for it again.

Kickstarter is venture capitalism brought to the masses, and is responsible for a lot of good games being made that otherwise would never have been. The new Shadowrun, that adventure game being made by Ron Gilbert and Tim Schaffer, the new game from Obsidian, the new Tex Murphy game...the list goes on.

Basically, if you want to see an awesome game get made, you support it and the dev team with your money. Sometimes you get what you paid for, sometimes you don't. The best thing to do is research the team behind the game and see if they have a good track record of releasing things in a semi-timely manner. If they do, then go for it. If they don't, then your money is best spent elsewhere. Just because you lost some money on one donation isn't Kickstarters fault.

Course it doesn't make it suck any less, either. But...eh. Nature of the game. Sorry, man. : \

Last edited:

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Kickstarter is venture capitalism brought to the masses, and is responsible for a lot of good games being made that otherwise would never have been. The new Shadowrun, that adventure game being made by Ron Gilbert and Tim Schaffer, the new game from Obsidian, the new Tex Murphy game...the list goes on.

Basically, if you want to see an awesome game get made, you support it and the dev team with your money. Sometimes you get what you paid for, sometimes you don't. The best thing to do is research the team behind the game and see if they have a good track record of releasing things in a semi-timely manner. If they do, then go for it. If they don't, then your money is best spent elsewhere. Just because you lost some money on one donation isn't Kickstarters fault.

Course it doesn't make it suck any less, either. But...eh. Nature of the game. Sorry, man. : \

I do NOT want to support it, I just want to play it - is it available now or not?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.