Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjbryce

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
London
Clearly I can airplay from the host MacBook to my HomePod during the Zoom call but I have a couple of questions:-

1. Is there any way to use the HomePod mics?
  2. Is there a lip-synch lag issue on video?

TIA

cjbryce

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
London
Clearly I can airplay from the host MacBook to my HomePod during the Zoom call but I have a couple of questions:-

1. Is there any way to use the HomePod mics?
  2. Is there a lip-synch lag issue on video?

TIA
Answering my own questions
  1. No
  2. Yes, about 3 seconds. Awful

Reactions: CapeTownMac

CapeTownMac

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2008
Answering my own questions
  1. No
  2. Yes, about 3 seconds. Awful
Yip, you are right. It's a great pity because I suspect that the mic in the Homepod is probably pretty decent. It's actually laughable that OSX does not actually support the Homepod. The much-vaunted Apple ecosystem fails dismally in this respect.

Reactions: MecPro

MecPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2009
London
Yip, you are right. It's a great pity because I suspect that the mic in the Homepod is probably pretty decent. It's actually laughable that OSX does not actually support the Homepod. The much-vaunted Apple ecosystem fails dismally in this respect.

It’s pretty much removed the need to get one of these for me.

I’ll wait for the next iteration before looking elsewhere

Paul7

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2009
I tested it and found a way that works pretty decently. You just use your phone as the audio source and you can select the sound from the phone to go through the HomePod. The speaker is good and we could hear people clearly from across the room.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.